Sign in to follow this  
joby33y

"Turn" problem

Hello, 

Here's the issue I've encountered, both in the 777 and the 737, so I'm sure this must be pilot error !  

- Land at an airport, taxi to the gate, park, shut down, and then select 'Load Panel State" in the FMC - selecting PMDG short - (without shutting down the sim - I want to 'turn' the aircraft for the next leg)

- Load my fuel, payload, and flight plan

- Taxi out, checklists complete, ready to depart

- Selecting TO/GA with the clickspot as always, aircraft accelerates to maybe 80 - 100kts then gets really sluggish, inadequate power for normal takeoff.  Bleeds, packs, etc are set correctly.  I use checklists - all the time.  

I'm posting this here because I just experienced this in the 777, but I've had it happen in the 737 as well.  Seems I have to shut down P3D and start from scratch to fly the next leg, whereas I'd like to just 'turn' the flight.  

I'm doing something wrong in the sequence here, trying to start the next flight.  What is it ?

cheers, 

Edited by joby33y
grammar

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

What throttle hardware do you use? With some aircraft I have seen the autothrottle affected by the position of the physical throttles. I have worked around that by maxing the physical throttles, or leaving them at idle and allowing the A/T to perform unaffected.