Sign in to follow this  
swuphoto

unable to import this plan (resolved)

I have PILOT2ATC created this plan, but GTN 750 prompts: Flight plan import failed

FPN/RI:DA:KDCA:D:DOCTR4.AGARD:R:01:AA:KJFK:A:CAMRN4.SIE(04L):AP:I04L

In the export config, I also tried disabling Import-Export SID/STAR/APPR Waypts initially, neither work.

8 hours ago, swuphoto said:

I have PILOT2ATC created this plan, but GTN 750 prompts: Flight plan import failed

FPN/RI:DA:KDCA:D:DOCTR4.AGARD:R:01:AA:KJFK:A:CAMRN4.SIE(04L):AP:I04L

In the export config, I also tried disabling Import-Export SID/STAR/APPR Waypts initially, neither work.

Please do a bit of reading here on this forum after scanning the list of topics. Many answers are already here waiting for you.

The import feature is nice but it is Garmin who has structured the import process with some complex syntax and rules and it can be difficult to determine where a .gfp file is tripping up.  The RXP GTN uses the Garmin GTN Trainer as it's engine.  Please read the following topic, and in particular read the final two messages at the end of the topic.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522006-flight-planner-for-gtn/

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I appreciate the link and FYI I briefly searched forum before my post.  My logic behind the post is simple to avoid having to understand the format details myself.  I understand there may be a dispute in the content.

I paid two copy of software, one exporting file for the second one to import.  As an end-user, I can accept that RXP tells me that Pilot2ATC generates incorrect format, then I will turn to Pilot2ATC for help, in fact, for a bug fix request.

Edited by RXP
moved to the correct discussion

(I posted too soon to the threads you referred to here, hence duplicate)

I appreciate the link and FYI I briefly searched forum before my post.  My logic behind the post is simply to avoid having to understand the format details myself.  I understand there may be a dispute in the content.

I paid two copy of software, one exporting file for the second one to import.  As an end-user, I should accept that RXP tells me that Pilot2ATC generates incorrect format, then I will turn to Pilot2ATC for help, in fact, for a bug fix request.  Or Pilot2ATC said RXP is having issue.  I just have to assume the file is generated by Pilot2ATC, the bug source.  Please don't ask end-user to correct every generated flight plan.

But I do find out from the Garmin manual section 2.3.1, after all, that Pilot2ATC is incorrectly generating route for departure runway.  Garmin format specifies 01O (zero-one-O, not zero-one) for runway 01.

2.3.1 Departures

In order to include a departure procedure in a flight plan, the following must be specified:

:R: L=Left R=Right C=Center O=None specified or applies to multiple runways   

Edited by swuphoto

7 hours ago, swuphoto said:

I appreciate the link and FYI I briefly searched forum before my post.  My logic behind the post is simple to avoid having to understand the format details myself.  I understand there may be a dispute in the content.

I paid two copy of software, one exporting file for the second one to import.  As an end-user, I can accept that RXP tells me that Pilot2ATC generates incorrect format, then I will turn to Pilot2ATC for help, in fact, for a bug fix request.

Hi...

Did you post in the wrong thread - there is no history of which you speak ?

You purchased two copies of RXP - export and import ? Sorry - that doesn't make sense either... Maybe a language thing ?

Little NavMap successfully exports to RXP - - - if Pilot2ATC doesn't - you could export from both applications and compare the output files to see what's different... If Little NavMap can do it successfully - it sounds like it may be a P2A issue...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

@scottb613 I've moved both messages to the original discussion and this shall make sense now.

@swuphoto You might want to try Scott's suggestion and compare both programs exported flight plan files. You're making me wondering! 

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 9/19/2019 at 4:15 AM, RXP said:

@scottb613 I've moved both messages to the original discussion and this shall make sense now.

@swuphoto You might want to try Scott's suggestion and compare both programs exported flight plan files. You're making me wondering! 

@scottb613 and @RXP, I forgot to check back this thread.  I meant to say I purchased RXP GTN 750 as well as Pilot2ATC, thus two copies of different software altogether.  I am also not sure if this is the right forum for Pilot2ATC support.  If not I better to find it somewhere else instead.

As I mentioned in the above message, GTN 750 has ability to import plans, but Pilot2ATC generates a faulty one for me such that import to GTN 750 failed.  I think Pilot2ATC should fix the problem.

16 hours ago, swuphoto said:

As I mentioned in the above message, GTN 750 has ability to import plans, but Pilot2ATC generates a faulty one for me such that import to GTN 750 failed.  I think Pilot2ATC should fix the problem.

Before you identify who should fix the problem you should determine the exact problem itself.  You have the RXP GTN.  You have as part of that RXP package a Garmin-produced Trainer.  It is a Garmin product.  RXP has no rights to modify the Garmin product.  Then you have Pilot2ATC.  So with three products you must determine why your particular flight plan is rejected.  The previous topics I referred you to describe many of the reasons the Garmin Trainer might reject a flight plan.   The greater the number of elements you attempt to import (ex. departures, arrivals, transitions, approaches, runways) equals a greater probability that the Garmin Trainer will reject the plan for some reason as it must scrub and then allow each, one-by-one.  Punctuation (colons and periods) must also be exact.

Your plan:  "FPN/RI:DA:KDCA:D:DOCTR4.AGARD:R:01:AA:KJFK:A:CAMRN4.SIE(04L):AP:I04L" gets rejected.

This plan:   "FPN/RI:DA:KDCA:F:AGARD:AA:KJFK:A:CAMRN4.SIE(04L):AP:I04L"  imports successfully.  

So the logic or rules in the Garmin Trainer for some reason are not able to successfully process the "DOCTR4.AGARD:R:01"  departure.  Looking at the chart I see that departure may not be an approved departure from Reagan's R01.  Have no idea whether that is the problem, but the trainer can be that specific.

Replacing that Departure with simply AGARD as a Fix  however finds success with importing.  ":F:AGARD:"

My experience is such that I no longer include departures and arrivals in my flight plans for import.  The Garmin Trainer logic seems just too restrictive on what it will allow.  Like you, I spent frustrating hours trying to get some flight plans with procedures to work.  I have since found such procedures very easy to add after import or loading.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I appreciate the link and FYI I briefly searched forum before my post.  My logic behind the post is simple to avoid having to understand the format details myself.

I see over in the Pilot2ATC forum that you were able to determine the issue by reading the Garmin specification document I referred to in an earlier post!  Congratulations!  See also that Pilot2ATC made a modification to support the previously missing runway coding.  Great!

Note to others:  If constructing your own .gfp file and specifying a runway for departure or for arrival, if the runway does not have a L or R or C designation then an O (capital alpha O) is used.

So

FPN/RI:DA:KDCA:D:DOCTR4.AGARD:R:01O:AA:KJFK:A:CAMRN4.SIE(04L):AP:I04L

imports successfully as the required "O" was appended in :R:01O:  while the original flight plan did not contain the "O".

Caveat.  Many of the flight plans I saved in 2018 imported fine back then but no longer import without errors.  Reading the topics I referenced in my first message near the top of this thread will explain why that happens.  Most are due to transitions over time in procedure names.  So the names of the transitions change and no longer match the Garmin database(s).

Edited by RXP
changed font to courrier helps differentiating 0 from O
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS