Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

Quick gsx question..

Just curious, does gsx allow for a single air stair to be used? All the screenshots i see have a stair truck at every exit. It's my understanding that this can be disabled via a "no rear airstair" checkbox..does this literally just get rid of the rear..or all but the front airstair..(if like on an L1011 where it has mid body exits) bit of an odd question but im wanting the ability for one airliner in particular to have a stair truck at the front exit. Seems like gsx has alot of neat features so i may end up just purchasing gsx anyway. Also..would this be in the base pack or do i need to purchase L2 as well? I dont need all the passengers..just after the stair truck and a gpu ect.

Edited by chevelle505

You can easily configure GSX to work however you want it to with any aircraft. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Awsome, thanks! Is there anything to be gained (as far as what im after) with getting level 2 as well? Or is the base plenty? Any other big advantages worth the extra cost besides animated passengers? 

Edited by chevelle505

The Level 2 expansion will add the following to the base GSX:

- All default jetways at default airports will be automatically replaced with SODE jetways, with no user intervention.

- Jetways at 3rd party airports can be replaced with a user customization, which involves a two steps process of excluding the jetways that came with the scenery, and replace them with GSX/SODE versions, as explained here:

- This is just a quick replacement doing in batch mode for the whole airport but, if you are into it, the process can be very powerful and you can choose in a very large catalog of different jetway models and sizes, customize their logo, choose accessories, etc.

If you are not into editing, there are many places were you can download pre-made customization for popular 3rd party add-ons, on our forum, on several Facebook groups, from the Inibuilds website, from Cartayna site, etc.

- Animated visible passengers will work both on gates with SODE jetways ( either replaced by GSX or supplied by the scenery developer ), or on apron where Stairs+Bus is normally used

- The New Fuel Hydrant, with the ability to customize parking by parking if you want underground refueling.

As a general rule, we'll continue to offer FREE updates to the existing features that were always available in GSX from day one, which are Pushback, FollowMe, Marshallers, Docking Systems, Catering, Baggage and Cargo loaders, Deicers, because we promised these would always be updated. 

Entirely new services or vehicles which will appear in the future, such as a Cleaning Team, Water and Lavatory vehicles, GPUs, Firetrucks, PRM ( Passengers with Reduced Mobility), vehicles, Taxibots, etc. will come only with Level 2.

That's to give you a precise idea what to expect from Level 2.

Keep in mind it's currently on sale until the end of September for 14.40$, or 29$ in Bundle with GSX so, right now, you can buy the whole package for the same price of the base GSX.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Hi, the new fuel hydrant... does that mean we can define where the underground connector should be on the apron?

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Hi, the new fuel hydrant... does that mean we can define where the underground connector should be on the apron?

No, it's automatic, meaning depending on the airplane, the position will change. Yes, it would be nice if we could have a fixed position on the apron, but doing so would require an entirely new kind of kinematics, one that would be more complex than the jetways, since it would have to calculate a double joint system for the cable, taking into account the airplane position and the fuel truck position, and some positions might not even solve, resulting in "breaking" the cable (like old jetways) or simply a sad error message, like when a SODE jetway cannot "solve".

So, we keep it simple, and change the refueling point position each time, so it will always work, with its canned animation.

What you can do with customization, is to override the default logic of gate = underground refueling, apron = tanker and decide to have underground fuel on the aprons (like KMEM, which have underground fuel piping all over the airport) or the tanker at a gate.

• Like 1

Not to add more to your plate Umberto, but I was curious if GA aircraft support was still in the works for GSX level-2. Specifically GA aircraft support in terms of the animated passengers, baggage loading, etc. I know it had been mentioned as something in the pipeline for Level-2 development but was just hoping to check in and see if it was still actively being worked on or considered.

Thanks!