Sign in to follow this  
fofs

Blacklist ?

Is it possible to create a blacklist  for scams etc here ?  if so where is the best place to put it ?  Mainly helpful for newbies

Create it and we'll see where the best place to put it.  I would suspect this forum.  That's up to the Forum's Administrator.  There are that many scams we need to create a blacklist?  Are you talking about FS and non-FS scams?

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well there are a fair amount of different website links to scams most of us know about, many going back to the same "product"  .   I wanted to also list any other flight sim related products that are clearly a high risk in purchasing. ie  a company that is still receiving pre-order purchases from multiple customers with little to no chance of receiving goods.   I recently got stung along with hundreds of other customers on a product which has left me out of pocket by approx $180  which I consider to be a sizable chunk of money.   The company concerned has diabolical communication & is just taking peoples money upfront promising delivery when/ if a new batch arrives  . The proof concerning this company is out there if you google it.  But I can see flight simmers are still paying upfront for a pre-order with no guarantee of delivery date or even a approximate date. Over the months the lack of communication has seriously deteriorated to absolutely nothing.  The Company is based in Czech republic which is a member of the EU, so may be able to get something legal going. Maybe some sort of customer group legal claim 

Just really want a way of informing flight simmers especially newcomers.   + I think its important that the info can be updated, so for what ever reason this company turns it's situation around, then this info can be added.  Ie   "Recommended that you don't purchase from this company for the time being"   any news positive or negative will be updated here

• Upvote 1

Something for both you and AVSIM ADMIN to consider.  There are a lot of sue-happy folks out there that might object strongly to being put on some sort of blacklist.  I agree that there are a lot of scammers out there trying to sell things that are freeware or taking money as pre-payment and not delivering the product.  We have all seen their names posted in the various flight sim forums.

Just be careful about naming a "company" that you feel has wronged you in some way. just out of spite.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The Blacklist will be considered by the AVSIM Board before publishing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The enthusiasm we have for our hobby makes us appear to be inviting targets. Buyer beware!!!

Vic green

21 hours ago, fofs said:

Just really want a way of informing flight simmers especially newcomers. 

This forum has some pinned topics of some known scams.

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

I am against any form of a "Blacklist". I don't think we need to open that Pandora's box. As Jim said, we have pinned topics that list scams and we can always add to or remove. This is much safer than a blacklist.

However, this is just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I am against any form of a "Blacklist". I don't think we need to open that Pandora's box. As Jim said, we have pinned topics that list scams and we can always add to or remove. This is much safer than a blacklist.

However, this is just my 2 cents worth.

Here's a couple more cents worth... does Avsim really want to undertake the responsibility of becoming the Flightsim Police?  It's a noble goal to try warning folks about the crooks in this hobby, but with that effort comes a weighty moral and legal obligation to vet all claims and insure fairness across the spectrum.  Sounds much easier than it is...

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a blacklist, but it is personal and will not say who it is. As said before, Their is a lot of sue happy people. A lawsuit will cost ya all a lot of money to fight. This is not a good topic for avsim.

Keep it personal and do not do business with them any more.

Good day to fly, See ya all in the air.

• Upvote 1

If you do not have a multi million dollar insurance policy to protect you, do not under any circumstance create an official AVSIM BLACK LIST.

I understand what you are saying but "multi million" dollars???  I seriously doubt any blacklist will ever appear at AVSIM but we are allowing the conversations to continue so maybe the OP and others will know how the community feels about blacklists. 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM