Sign in to follow this  
Piohib

Speech recognition problem

The only difference between UGCX Speech Recog and FS2Crew Speech Recog is the way we compile the speech grammar.

We suspect this is the issue, and since it's happened to about 5 of of you we suspect there is something on your machine that is interfering with the process.

So we're going to try having UGCX compile the grammar file the same way it's done in FS2Crew.

Please send us a Support Ticket so we can have you test the change.

Cheers,

Salut Bryan,

Je viens de vous envoyer une demande d'assistance.

Merci de votre aide.

Edited by MAERSK

16 hours ago, MAERSK said:

I Manuel,

I just did the test on EDDF with the F22 Raptor (default plane of P3D) without activating any product Fs2Crew only UGCX I have selected Voice Control in interface unfortunately it does not work the voice is not recognized.

Thanks MAERSK,

Yesterday I was thinking in to try something different, we will be making a small change to see if that maybe or not solve the issue. FS2Crew products does a slight different way to load the grammar neccesary for voice recognition engine to work, so we will try to make that adjustment to see if finally that solves it

spacer.png

Hi Bryan, Manuel, just bought UGCX and to let you know that I am also having the same problem as Maersk and olleolleson. The voice speech recgonization is not working, only menu control.

I am on windows 10 French, the interface is set to French, the speech recognization is set to English-US to be able to use all my FS2Crew products which are working perfectly.

In UGCX, language selection menu, I have tried both English US and French, but unfortunately the voice is not recognized for the pushback.

Stephane

vpa055.png

Hi Stephane,

We're working on it.  We're just going to recompile the grammar the same way we did it in FS2Crew.  It's odd though that not everyone has this issue, so I'm wondering if there is something on your systems causing this.

But please do a test for us.

Set your speech recognizer to French and see what happens.

Then set UGCX to French.

UGCX will then be 100 percent French. 

I'd be interested to know if the issue still exists for you after making everything pure French.

I suspect no change, because we have Germans using pure German with no problem, but you never know.

Best,

I did some tests with Voice Control:

1. English-US speech recognition + native language Windows display (in my case: PL)

- NGX Reboot works, UGCX doesn`t work

2. English-US + Windows English-US display language

- UGCX voice control works until I start NGX Reboot, then both don`t work

- When I run NGX Reboot first > voice works, then I start UGCX and voice control doesn`t work in both

Now, I have to stay with menu control and wait for the fix. 😎

ugcx_banner.png ngxu_banner.png

There's a slight variation between the way UGCX and FS2Crew deal with the speech grammar.

We suspect this is the issue.

But it's strange because it only affects a handful of users, not everyone.

We'll know shortly.

In meantime, you still have Menu control.

Cheers,

Yip just bought UGC Must say wonderful add on  with lots of potential,that said i can confirm im having the exact same problem

Brendon Powys

3 hours ago, Timma said:

Yip just bought UGC Must say wonderful add on  with lots of potential,that said i can confirm im having the exact same problem

Glad you like it 😉  Please spread the word 🙂

Hopefully Manual will have the Hotfix in 24 hours.

The problem, or the thing that was causing this speech recognition issue is that the XML grammars format was outdate, there is a new format, but I bypassed that and compiled the grammar itself, so now its CFG grammar files, with these there shouldnt be any issues as it's the binary version of the same grammar, the same format used by other FS2Crew products. It took me days to arrive to that conclusion.

Cheers,

spacer.png

Salut manuel

Bon nouveau merci pour votre travail Je sais que la tâche ne doit pas être facile, que devons-nous faire maintenant? Désinstallez et téléchargez à nouveau UGCX via notre compte Fs2Crew? Merci encore à toute l'équipe.

Edited by MAERSK

2 hours ago, byork said:

Update:

This is now fixed for 1.1.

I just tested it live with a user who had this issue and it's now working.

Why it happened with these few users only, who knows... but the important thing is it works for them now 🙂

Great news, thank you.🙂

ugcx_banner.png ngxu_banner.png