Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Fast pace... why recommended?

Hello!

As per the manual Fast Pace is recommended. I checked this option and did my first pushback with the FsLabs A320 using UGCX.

This is highly unrealistic speed ^^ pushback was done in a few seconds and in a slight curve the Aircraft was smashed around that I feared my wingtips scratch the ground.

I hope it is way slower without this option (currently in flight, will check on next flight) but I simply dont get it why we should use this option? 

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

You may uncheck it to get it a bit slower, some people like it to be faster or slow, it's because the way the marshallers walk to keep along side with the airplane.

spacer.png

Correct just uncheck the option.

One of our beta team is a real-world ramper in Germany... he insisted on the fast walking option because that's how they do it.

Get the the planes out as fast as possible.  It ain't driving Miss Daisy 🙂

• Like 1

It is way too fast... Klaus anticipated me in opening a post on this subject... I have never seen an aircraft pushed back sooo fast (and I have been working in aircraft maintenance for years...), so I was surprised to see that this option is recommended... 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

5 hours ago, byork said:

Correct just uncheck the option.

One of our beta team is a real-world ramper in Germany... he insisted on the fast walking option because that's how they do it.

Get the the planes out as fast as possible.  It ain't driving Miss Daisy 🙂

Now I understand why this exists... I am glad that you gave us the option to choose! 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It was me who said that.

7 hours ago, Eziocin said:

It is way too fast... Klaus anticipated me in opening a post on this subject... I have never seen an aircraft pushed back sooo fast (and I have been working in aircraft maintenance for years...), so I was surprised to see that this option is recommended... 

Well, I don't know what you base your knowledge on, but mine is a real-world job.

Trust me as soon as the engines spool up you speed up subconscious. 

Also, a single man, PB (no ramper) is done even faster.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

Ok...never mind...I didn’ t want to criticize your job.... It was just my impression but it may be subjective... and in the end what matters is that we have another great addon for our  Sim..

Cheers..!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

21 hours ago, 30K said:

Trust me as soon as the engines spool up you speed up subconscious. 

I work at an airport myself and the pushbacks here are never that fast. Are you sure it's procedure to be done at that speed and not, as you say, rather a subconscious action? In the US it's strict procedure to do pushbacks at walking speed to prevent this from happening:

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Y

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I work at an airport myself and the pushbacks here are never that fast. Are you sure it's procedure to be done at that speed and not, as you say, rather a subconscious action? In the US it's strict procedure to do pushbacks at walking speed to prevent this from happening:

Yes, your video is way to fast for a normal push. UGCX is pushing me at 3 knots with high speed active and that's our walking speed. 

We also don't use wing walkers and have a more compact phraseology. If you don't like it then you can turn it off 😄

And yes it's SOP here at that speed. What I meant by saying subconscious was the feeling most have when the engines are spooled up. I think it has something to do with human instinct and experience but many new colleagues try to go faster to have it over soon 😉.

I myself do not stress it but we do work fast tough. Have a look at the Lufthansa Leos single man pbs (just the tug) they are racing the planes on the runway, I can tell you lol. BTW. out of interest have you also pushed a plane yourself? 

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

On 9/20/2019 at 5:42 PM, 30K said:

out of interest have you also pushed a plane yourself?

No, just making some money part time while doing a bachelor's.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

part time while doing a bachelor's.

Same here 😄

• Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.