Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

crashing when selecting aircraft

I have a big problem now that just seemed to pop up. I use super traffic board to watch ai planes and when I select an aircraft  to watch, the game crashes. But it's not all the time and not at all airports. I even have the crash when I select shift A to in the game to see the next ai plane. I thought it may be a memory or performance thing but my memory never went above 31 percent and my cpu was fine. I am not technical but that's what I saw in the task manager. At this point I am excited if I get to watch a full flight without the game crashing. I would appreciate any advice on this, thanks.

Which AI do you use have you imported an AI aircraft that's not compatible with P3Dv4 this can happen.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Which AI do you use have you imported an AI aircraft that's not compatible with P3Dv4 this can happen.  

+1.. normally it is either an AI Model which is from FS9 or an AI Model from FS9 converted to FSX which the conversion was not 100% successful so the AI model works partially but can cause random CTD.

S.

I do use a mixture of custom AI but I am slowly trying to get everything into AIG OCI once everything is released. The funny thing is that lately I have been deleting my older AI when AIG release a flight plan for it so I can get rid of unwanted textures and models.This should make things better and smoother but if that's the problem then it backfired.

Have you adjusted any AI folders? If so look at them first. Try removing your aircraft and reintroducing them in batches until you isolate the problem file. The last time this happened to me it wAs something as simple as a missing [ in the fltsim # part of the aircraft.cfg. 

Ian S

38.jpg

This can also manifest it`s self when flying as soon as you get in cache range of a corrupt AI you get CTD, thinking it`s scenery or an airport then it happens again in a different location.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have been using ai aircraft editor to remove "double" textures because I already have them with AIG OCI and I have noticed in the aircraft cfg there are big spaces in the list of aircraft but they are numbered correctly just gaps here and there. Could that be the cause?

Another issue I have is when I look at the simobjects folder there seems to be entries that end in .OWL and I don't know what they are and I certainly didn't create those. Anybody have that issue?

Edited by bosflo
added another question