Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Scenery index creation

Hi Bryan,

very nice product (as usual)... !

One thing I have noticed is that during the scenery index creation process, it looks like all the deactivated sceneries are reactivated. This is somehow annoying as if I want to keep some sceneries deactivated I have to deactivate once the Simulator is running, and the next time I start the Sim, UGCX will notice that the scenery index has changed and will re run the process, and so again and again, it will happen every time i launch the sim. For instance I want to keep ORBX UK active only when I fly GA aircraft, for obvious performance reasons, but if I start a flight with the FSL at EGLL, I find them activated following the UGCX index creation. Is it just me having this issue or is it the way it works ? This is on P3D V4.5 HF1.

Thanks

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Agree with what you' re saying in principle... but this is what's happening on my system.... 🙂

I will further test and let you know

Ciao

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I don't see that UGCX autonomously activates scenery but I also have a massive problem with the scenery indexing.

I also start the sim with a different scenery setup every time (using Simstarter) because I only want the scenery activated that I need for my current flight. So UGCX notices a change in the scenery and needs to recreate the scenery index every time I start the sim. And because UGCX apparently scans through every single file of my extensive photoreal scenery that process takes around 20-30 minutes (!) depending on how many I have activated, which obivously is totally inacceptable when that occurs on every start of the sim.

UGCX needs to find another way to handle the scenery indexing. As it is now, it is unusable for me, which is a shame because I really like it.

Correct. But will UGCX work properly if I select no?

Probably scenery that wasn't activated the first time I ran UGCX will be missing from the index UGCX uses so airport gates won't be recognised properly.

I already thought about activating all scenery I have and let UGCX do its thing once and for all  (which will probably last one hour or more with all my photoreal scenery). Will that work?

Edited by RALF9636

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Correct. But will UGCX work properly if I select no?

Probably scenery that wasn't activated the first time I ran UGCX will be missing from the index UGCX uses so airport gates won't be recognised properly.

I already thought about activating all scenery I have and let UGCX do its thing once and for all  (which will probably last one hour or more with all my photoreal scenery). Will that work?

Hey RALF,

Yes if you select no, you should keep same scenery index, as the last time it did.

About activating all scenery, and have UGCX to make it once for all, you are correct, you create it once, by clicking YES, then when you switch different scenery configurations  (I guess you have multiple scenery.cfg files that you are using), then you select NO, so UGCX doesnt reconstruct the scenery index again. It should work that way meanwhile. I didn't know that it was possible to switch between different scenery.cfg, i mean, to change configurations dynamicly and so on. That's why.

Cheers

spacer.png

Thanks for your reply. So I will do that once and for all thing overnight probably.

Do you think that you can speed up that procedure a little, in particular with photoreal scenery? Running the makerwys.exe only takes a fraction of the time UGCX needs. And also refreshing the scenery after a scenery change for GSX takes only a few seconds.

I use Simstarter to activate only the regions and airports I need for my current flight. I guess many users do that (using Simstarter or Lorbys Addon Organizer).

Hi, 

I also use Simstarter NG. I activated all scenery before UGCX' first start, let it build a scenery data base and now I answer "No" to the question to rebuild on startup of P3D. It works without any problem. An option to let UGCX skip this question and start a rebuild of the scenery DB by user (after installing a new airport or so) would be very fine. 

Regards, Kurt

• Like 1

Hi, I have the problem that UGCX scenery indexer does not load the correct bgl files. Aerosoft EDDK as an example, here a bgl of the Orbx germany south scenery is loaded. How can I handle this best? I always stand at gates, which UGCX does not know ...

Thanks!

Matthias

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Do you think that you can speed up that procedure a little, in particular with photoreal scenery? Running the makerwys.exe only takes a fraction of the time UGCX needs. And also refreshing the scenery after a scenery change for GSX takes only a few seconds.

I use Simstarter to activate only the regions and airports I need for my current flight. I guess many users do that (using Simstarter or Lorbys Addon Organizer).

I think yes, but I would need to analyze and see it closely to see how it could be improved.

Question: So basicly you ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE (i.e. the Scenery.cfg areas flag "Active=True/False"  the scenery areas you will be using right?, no change in the actual BGL files inside of those areas?

Cheers,

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

Question: So basicly you ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE (i.e. the Scenery.cfg areas flag "Active=True/False"  the scenery areas you will be using right?, no change in the actual BGL files inside of those areas?

Yes, I think that is the way SimStarter handles that.

17 hours ago, Gizzo82 said:

Hi, I have the problem that UGCX scenery indexer does not load the correct bgl files. Aerosoft EDDK as an example, here a bgl of the Orbx germany south scenery is loaded. How can I handle this best? I always stand at gates, which UGCX does not know ...

Thanks!

Matthias

Please post your Log.

Cheers,