Sign in to follow this  
byork

German Language UGCX Video!

This was from a live stream by Blackbox.

It's important to watch because it shows one of the most impressive capabilities of UGCX.

That is, the ability to do speech recognition in German (and French, and English and Spanish).

The UGCX part starts at the 40 minute mark.

It's all in German, but if you don't speak German you can still see how it works.

He also does an RTO with a fire truck, then a tow back to the gate.

I am an user in Germany and I am very disappointed. The voice recognition doesn't work very well. I have to repeat a lot of commands even if I speak very clear. Windows does understand me, but UGCX does not. Speaking "Süden" (South) is always  recognized as "Nordwest" (Northwest). And  the translation seems to be done with Google. For example "Bremse sitzt" means that the brakes are sitting. What I also don't like is the german voice of the Ramp Agent. It sounds like it is 6am and the Ramp agent had no Coffee. Until now I can not recommend using voice control for german users.

Edited by MUC1

ugcx_banner.png

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

Speaking "Süden" (South) is always  recognized as "Nordwest" (Northwest).

I know for a fact that we in the Beta had it working fine from day one. The Video, which is literally one post above yours, proofs that. If you have an issue, I'd try sending a support ticket or something.

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

to be done with Google

I've been called many things, but being Google is new. 😄

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

For example "Bremse sitzt" means that the brakes are sitting

A correct translation, and widespread phrase we use IRL. 

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

What I also don't like is the german voice of the Ramp Agent. It sounds like it is 6am and the Ramp agent had no Coffee

Oh, Boi, that's subjective but, I guess that means we're no soulmates then. 😞 BTW. I don't like coffee, so I never had any morning coffee, except this one time where I found out that it tastes awful. Props to the coffee drinkers 😄

4 hours ago, MUC1 said:

Until now

Mh? so there is a possibility you'll recommend it in the future? So, how about making some suggestions that'll make your statement come true?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

This is the problem I always feared with doing languages other than English.

In UGCX, the German text was written by a German (Henrik) who also works on the ramp in Germany as a real world ramp agent.  He's about as qualified as a German as you can get.

But yet language is subjective to a degree...  and as a result people can wind up fighting over language 🙂

Thanks for your answers guys. Good to have someone who was involved in the project (Henrik, if possible we can switch to german :biggrin:). Yes I would recommend UGCX in any way after the problems with speach recognition in german language have been solved. I tried many times today, but I never got through without using key commands. I think one problem is the manual. Using the command  "Verständigung ist gut, Bremse ist gesetzt" does not work in the initial sequence. When just saying "Bremse ist gesetzt" it works, this can also been heard in the video . In the Pushback sequence I have to say "Parkbremse gelöst". The command described in the manual "Bremse los" does not work. But the most annoying part is the Pushback route. I tried many times but I was unable to get a Pushback facing South in EDDM. Saying ".... Nase Richtung Süden" always shows ".... Nase Richtung Nordwesten" in the green bar and nothing happens (and yes I selected the Option "Nase" - Facing).

In Terms of. the german voice you are right, language is subjective. I would welcome it in future versions if there are for example 10 different Ramp Agent voices and it is selected by an random generator wich one is used for the current sequence.

Kind regards,

Peter

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Peter,

Make sure you run the voice training.

If speaking in German, ensure your speech recognizer is set to German, not English.

Also ensure you're following the UGCX languages manual to the letter.

If you want, you can ask questions in German.

Danke shon,

6 hours ago, MUC1 said:

does not work in the initial sequence.

Das ist interessant. Es könnte sich ein Fehler in die Anleitung geschlichen haben, weil zum Teil von mir und zum Teil von Bryan and dem ganzem gewerkelt wurde. Da könnte tatsächlich mal was unter den Tisch gefallen sein.

Momentan bin ich aber sowieso damit beschäftigt, intern den Dialog zu verbessern, insbesondere unter Berücksichtigung der Roadmap, neue und mehr akkurate Antworten zu geben. Das ankündigen der Triebwerkstarts zum Beispiel fehlt momentan noch.

Gegebenenfalls würden sich also ein paar Benutzer Antworten ändern, dennoch sehe ich mir das an, für den Fall, dass der neue große Patch noch was dauert.

Bezüglich der Sprachsteuerung, solltest du davon ein Video machen können würde uns das sehr helfen, alternativ stünde auch Teamviewer zur Verfügung.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

14 hours ago, 30K said:

Bezüglich der Sprachsteuerung, solltest du davon ein Video machen können würde uns das sehr helfen, alternativ stünde auch Teamviewer zur Verfügung.

Hallo Henrik,

danke für die Antwort. Video muß ich mal schaun ob ich das hinbekomme, gehöre noch zur Pre-YouTube Generation :blush:. Deine Vermutung dürfte recht gut passen. Es scheint, als ob weder Süden, Norden, Westen oder Osten von UGCX erkannt wird. Egal was ich sage es wird immer "NORDWESTEN" in der grünen Leiste angezeigt. Wenn ich in Word diktiere funktioniert es, also am Sprachtraining kann es nicht liegen. Zudem ist mir aufgefallen, dass der Befehl "Wir sind ready to taxi" nach dem Push erkannt wird. Offenbar sind da Programmzeilen drin, die noch nicht ganz fertig sind.

Grüße, Peter

ugcx_banner.png

8 hours ago, MUC1 said:

Hallo Henrik,

danke für die Antwort. Video muß ich mal schaun ob ich das hinbekomme, gehöre noch zur Pre-YouTube Generation :blush:. Deine Vermutung dürfte recht gut passen. Es scheint, als ob weder Süden, Norden, Westen oder Osten von UGCX erkannt wird. Egal was ich sage es wird immer "NORDWESTEN" in der grünen Leiste angezeigt. Wenn ich in Word diktiere funktioniert es, also am Sprachtraining kann es nicht liegen. Zudem ist mir aufgefallen, dass der Befehl "Wir sind ready to taxi" nach dem Push erkannt wird. Offenbar sind da Programmzeilen drin, die noch nicht ganz fertig sind.

Grüße, Peter

Hallo Peter, 

meine Vermutung bezog sich nur auf die Phrase mit "Bremse ist gesetzt".

Weshalb die Himmelsrichtungen nicht erkannt werden, dass kann ich so nicht genau sagen. Dafür brauchen wir ein Video und wie gesagt, solltest du darin kein Profi sein, dann ist das kein Problem Dank teamviewer o.ä. 

Cheers Henrik K.

Hallo Henrik, ich habe noch etwas rumprobiert. Also der einzige Befehl aus dem manual der für die Pushback Route zu funktionieren scheint ist "wir sind bereit für push and start, Nase bitte nach XXX". Die Richtungen funktionieren alle (NORDEN/NORDOST/OSTEN/SÜDOST/SÜDWEST/WESTEN/NORDWESTEN, habe ein paar custom routes dür EDDM erstellt) bis auf SÜDEN. Keine Ahnung warum gerade SÜDEN nicht funktioniert, Office Word erkennt es ohne Probleme. Einmal hat SU-EDEN funktioniert 🙃 aber nicht immer. Alle anderen deutschen Route commands zeigen in der grünen Leiste zwar was an, aber immer eine falsche Richtung. Vielleicht hilft diese Erkenntnis. Peter

ugcx_banner.png