Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Automatic regional settings

I like UGCX very much already and I am looking forward to future enhancements.

Here is one suggestion:

It would be nice if UGCX would adjust some settings automatically according to the ICAO code of the current airport (as it already does with the regional accents).

- the wingwalkers should (optionally) be automatically activated in regions where this is common

- the "enable regional soundset" option should (optionally) automatically be disabled when the current airport is in the region of the active language and enabled when outside of that region. For example: I set the language to German. When at a German (or Austrian etc.) airport "enable regional soundset" is disabled so the ground crew speaks German. But when e. g. at a spanish airport "enable regional soundset" would be enabled automatically to prevent the spanish ground crew speak German but instead english with a spanish accent.

So far these settings have to be adjusted manually for every flight .

Edited by RALF9636

Glad you like it spread the word 🙂

I like the automatic wing walker idea based on your detected airport.

Issue though is I don't know which countries use them and which don't.  I've never seen a master list for such a thing.

Your automatic regional sound set idea is already on our to-do list.

Cheers,

Nice!

If you don't find such a list, maybe let the user define some countries where he wants the wingwalker and where not.