Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

A Few Things

To start off I must say I am very impressed with UGCX, its more than I expected and makes a great change hearing human voices. With that said - this is the reason I am posting: 

Upon pushback completion (custom route selection not computer generated) whether being pushed tail right nose left or opposite, what ever way the nose is pushed upon taxi the aircraft will slightly continue to that direction, as if the rudder pedals aren't calibrated yet they are and the aircrafts flight controls are perfectly centred. 

Another thing is disappearing pushback tugs on selecting tow, during pushback the tug doesn't disappear. 

Last but not least is a dreaded CTD, the CTD occurs when requesting a marshaller at a gate, closing the menu but then re-opening the menu and deciding on a different gate, the sim will crash with a SimObjectAnimatinModule64.dll error. 

9 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

To start off I must say I am very impressed with UGCX, its more than I expected and makes a great change hearing human voices. With that said - this is the reason I am posting: 

Thank you for the kind words 🙂  It's appreciated 😉

Upon pushback completion (custom route selection not computer generated) whether being pushed tail right nose left or opposite, what ever way the nose is pushed upon taxi the aircraft will slightly continue to that direction, as if the rudder pedals aren't calibrated yet they are and the aircrafts flight controls are perfectly centred. 

Hmmm, hard to say...  did you create a "PUSHBACK POINT"?  Maybe you put the waypoints too close together?  Without seeing what you created, it's hard to guess... maybe take a screen shot.  But try making your waypoints further apart.

Another thing is disappearing pushback tugs on selecting tow, during pushback the tug doesn't disappear. 

Not totally sure I follow.  So after the pushback, you're immediately doing a tow?

Last but not least is a dreaded CTD, the CTD occurs when requesting a marshaller at a gate, closing the menu but then re-opening the menu and deciding on a different gate, the sim will crash with a SimObjectAnimatinModule64.dll error. 

Does that happen every time?  You can reproduce consistently?

Never saw that in testing.  So I just googled it.

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sxsrf=ACYBGNSU_If_TkL4TfO_KuDGExWaE55-lQ%3A1568897912795&ei=eHuDXYePMK-0mAWw2pSABQ&q=SimObjectAnimationModule64.dll&oq=SimObjectAnimationModule64.dll&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3169.3169..3556...0.0..0.110.110.0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.l1Pd3FxZeQ8&ved=0ahUKEwiHq5-W-NzkAhUvGqYKHTAtBVAQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Q: Hmmm, hard to say...  did you create a "PUSHBACK POINT"?  Maybe you put the waypoints too close together?  Without seeing what you created, it's hard to guess... maybe take a screen shot.  But try making your waypoints further apart.

A: I could be making waypoints a bit too close together, will test it out later with wider gaps between waypoints and report back if the issue repeats.

Q: Not totally sure I follow.  So after the pushback, you're immediately doing a tow?

A: No. Upon arrival, or upon startup. For example - earlier I started up the PMDG 747 on the holding point for runway 09 at MIA, called for a tow and the three guys just stood there with a tow bar on its own with no tug to be seen. The same thing can happen at random times when requesting a tow or pushback.

Q: Does that happen every time?  You can reproduce consistently? Never saw that in testing.  So I just googled it.

A: Now that you have posted that link, I will have to do some more research into it, as you said that you haven't seen it in testing, it could well be another product such as SODE causing the CTD. 

Edited by shamrockflyer

Ok I have done some more tests with the pushback and the same issue still occurs with either using computer generated pushback route or user selected route. The issue occurs with the PMDG 747 400 and -8 as well as the 777, likely happening with all aircraft but I don't have the time to test. I will try a reinstall of UGCX and see if that fixes the issue, but I have my doubts. 

7 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

The pushback should complete after alignment with the taxiway, however, there are times that it may continue pushing even after the aircraft has aligned with the taxiway line, this is because the alignment criteria is very restrict. I don't know if this is happening to you?

5 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

A: No. Upon arrival, or upon startup. For example - earlier I started up the PMDG 747 on the holding point for runway 09 at MIA, called for a tow and the three guys just stood there with a tow bar on its own with no tug to be seen. The same thing can happen at random times when requesting a tow or pushback.

No tug?!, wow, that's weird, can you post your LOG file?, I'm interested in looking at the last events. If th LOG is big, try zipping it.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

The pushback should complete after alignment with the taxiway, however, there are times that it may continue pushing even after the aircraft has aligned with the taxiway line, this is because the alignment criteria is very restrict. I don't know if this is happening to you?

Its not continuing to push, the tug disconnects, I release parking brakes and start moving - what ever direction the nose was pointed for pushback for example: pushing the nose right the aircraft will slowly shift towards the right once I start to taxi without the tug connected, if I start the sim and taxi around for a bit the aircrafts position is fine, it stays centre with my pedals, but after using UGCX the issue starts and doesn't stop. 

1 hour ago, Manuel82 said:

No tug?!, wow, that's weird, can you post your LOG file?, I'm interested in looking at the last events. If th LOG is big, try zipping it.

Not sure how to attach a zip file onto Avsim, I know I've been a member for nearly a decade but I still don't know 🙄

I'm not sure we can attach a zip here.

I think it's like images, it needs to be hosted somewhere else.

- TONY -

I think i had the issue with the slight turning while taxing after a push back .. as the OP says its like your joystick needs calibrating or the wind is effecting it ,...i was using the Aerosoft airbus in P3D4 , i had to try and keep it centered on the center line . The push back i used was a standard default one and not a custom one.

Rich

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

First of all, congratulations for a wonderful product. It was a long wait but totally worth waiting. Especiallyif it’s gonna expand in the future. But nevertheless, it brings completely new experience. FS2crew never disappoints.

Still I would confirm the same issue with steering pulling to one side. I tried PMDG 737 and maddog and it occured in both cases. I was wondering now before sleep and tt might be a long shot but could it be somehow connected to pin setting in aircraft profile? Will check tomorrow and report back.

Luka Albreht

3 hours ago, luka319 said:

First of all, congratulations for a wonderful product. It was a long wait but totally worth waiting. Especiallyif it’s gonna expand in the future. But nevertheless, it brings completely new experience. FS2crew never disappoints.

Still I would confirm the same issue with steering pulling to one side. I tried PMDG 737 and maddog and it occured in both cases. I was wondering now before sleep and tt might be a long shot but could it be somehow connected to pin setting in aircraft profile? Will check tomorrow and report back.

Hi Luka,

Glad you like it!

Regarding it being pulled to the side, try disabling your joystick or even auto coordination to test.

We are injecting speed into the vehicle, so if your nose wheel isn't straight, you could I guess wind up not going straight.