Sign in to follow this  
flesland

Strange straight lines when cloud skies

Hey dear fellows of avsim forums, from time ago I've been experienced an annoying problem when clouds in the skies, strange straight lines casted on gorund when I'm out cockpit and panning the camera and also inside cockpit , I have tested changing the cloud distance draw in active sky P3DV4 but nothing happen, problem is still present, please help!!, 

My specs are: Intel I5-8600K @ 4.7ghz., 16Gb ram T-Force, SSD disk 1TB, graphic card Asus Nvidia GTX 1070ti ROG, Win 10 64 bits, P3Dv4.5, active sky for P3Dv4, envtex for texture (issue present also when used REX sky Force before).

Thanks in advance for help.

(can´t upload photos!!!)

Nibaldo Soto A.

1 minute ago, flesland said:

Hey dear fellows of avsim forums, from time ago I've been experienced an annoying problem when clouds in the skies, strange straight lines casted on gorund when I'm out cockpit and panning the camera and also inside cockpit , I have tested changing the cloud distance draw in active sky P3DV4 but nothing happen, problem is still present, please help!!, 

My specs are: Intel I5-8600K @ 4.7ghz., 16Gb ram T-Force, SSD disk 1TB, graphic card Asus Nvidia GTX 1070ti ROG, Win 10 64 bits, P3Dv4.5, active sky for P3Dv4, envtex for texture (issue present also when used REX sky Force before).

https://gyazo.com/ad2208bb14febcbb5ac5fb3bf9cd328a  

https://gyazo.com/56779e85f02abd3917c4fcce7bb2eaca

https://gyazo.com/d88995dc1b054538dc2cd67f79c798dd

https://gyazo.com/e742f02a935ae00f5c4ae63f6ee921a6

Thanks in advance for help.

(can´t upload photos!!!)

Nibaldo Soto A.

looks like a haze layer to me. Try playing with those settings in active sky.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hmm...but even with a haze layer, that division should have gradient to it, not abrupt like that. 

Does REX SF play with the shaders?   It looks like something is amiss with the shaders being used.

If it were me I would revert to default shaders, disable REX SF, and see if the sharp line disappeared.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

REX sky force is not used anymore, currently i'm using envtex, i'm going to try with default shaders, thanks !!.

I reverse to default P3Dv4 shaders, and then apply new shaders of rd preset 1.8, nothing change, sharp line appears anyway. Again i'm not using Rex sky Force, anymore, Do I have to unistall it maybe?

Edited by flesland

Nibaldo Soto A.

I think this has to do with the draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground. There is a special setting for it. Try increasing it to its max and see if you still see this? I think its under the lighting and shadow options... Not at my computer now so can't confirm the location of this slider right now...

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I think this has to do with the draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground. There is a special setting for it. Try increasing it to its max and see if you still see this? I think its under the lighting and shadow options... Not at my computer now so can't confirm the location of this slider right now...

Thanks friend, let me check your advice and let you know!!!!, thanks for answers !!!

Nibaldo Soto A.

draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground. Is that Active sky?

looks like a haze layer to me. Try playing with those settings in active sky. I cannot find that haze setting in active sky, which menu is it?

I get the same issue, thanks Ollie.

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

20 minutes ago, ols500 said:

draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground. Is that Active sky?

looks like a haze layer to me. Try playing with those settings in active sky. I cannot find that haze setting in active sky, which menu is it?

I get the same issue, thanks Ollie.

its draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground
see in Settings in P3D!

On 9/20/2019 at 3:12 AM, Alti said:

its draw distance of cloud shadows on the ground
see in Settings in P3D!

Yup, that’s the one. @flesland did this solve your issue?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I see that, too. For me, it goes away when I shut down Active Sky. How about in your case?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else