Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

September 19th, 2019 [Update]

33 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

The guys in Washington are early this time.

Development Update

procedurally-generated_Grass_Normandie-1

If I'm not mistaken, that looks very much like Normandy, France. You can see the Mont Saint Michel in the background!

• Like 3

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Beautiful! I wonder if the grass is affected by wind. Wouldn't it be great to see that when landing a helicopter?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 minute ago, vesalius said:

If I'm not mistaken, that looks very much like Normandy, France. You can see the Mont Saint Michel in the background!

You are correct, the image's title is "procedurally-generated_Grass_Normandie-1.jpeg".

1 minute ago, vesalius said:

It’s Normandie. If you open the link of the picture you will see it’s in the name of it.

Edited by ca_metal

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

You are correct, the image's title is "procedurally-generated_Grass_Normandie-1.jpeg".

Owh I was so impressed that I didn't even noticed it. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

46 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

That landscape... 😍 And it seems everything is autogenerated, including the buildings.

procedurally-generated_Grass_Normandie-1

If this is the level of detail we´ll see in MFS2020, all I can say is "exciting times ahead for flight simming".

Can´t imagine the detail we will have in airports and/or  missions. Even looks fun to get off your plane and walk around to pay a visit to some nice landscapes like this (virtual tourism on the way xD)

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 4

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

absolutely stunning! the grass, these clouds, beyond all expectations!

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Holy buckets

That photo looks almost real at 4k full screen.

Most realistic looking rendition of earth of any render of any game I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Im an iliterate with this but if the grass is procedurally made...Can it be colour "changed" to depict seasons easily?

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 3

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Just now, chass32 said:

...if the grass is procedurally made...Can it be colour "changed" to depict seasons easily?

My first thought also!

Edited by irrics
  • Like 2

Just now, chass32 said:

Im an iliterate with this but if the grass is procedurally made...Can it be colour "changed" to depict seasons easily?

Yep, it's trivial.

But keep in mind this grass will only be rendered at very low altitudes, so the photoscenery textures will still need to be colored themselves if we want to have seasons.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Cheers

Carlos

Sure. The "hard part" would be change the orthos under the grass. But as I said before, they can use shaders to accomplish that.

• Like 1