Sign in to follow this  
amollen

FSX crash upon Shift Right Click (resolved)

Apologies if this has been posted before, I didn't find it.

I have both GNS 530 and 430, FSX Acceleration, Windows 10.

So far, I have the 530 installed in the Carenado C421 and the 430 in A2A L049. In both cases I used the config utility that came with the plane as opposed to the one that came with GNS.

General operation seems fine so far, except for the following: when I Shift Right Click on the top to get to the configuration menu, the menu pops up briefly, then the entire sim crashes. This happens in both cases.

Yes, I read some posts about not having to run FSX in Admin mode. However, if I do that, I get a popup that Flight Sim Labs needs to be in Admin mode (I have their A320) and FSX restarts in Admin mode regardless of me telling it not to. So I cannot test if turning off Admin mode will fix things.

Hi,

yes it is documented and it is an unfortunate last minute typo in the code just prior the release. A .1 update fix is on its way ASAP.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I'm sorry, but I'm trying to install the 2.4.15.1. I've downloaded the eCommerce wrapper for both the GNS430 and 530. I run it and select Reinstall. Some files get placed in c:\RealityXP and they run without an error message.

But then when I load up FSX and load a plane with a GNS 430 or 530, it still gives me version 2.4.15 (not 2.4.15.1) during the initialization of the GPS unit, and still crashes upon a Shift Right Click. I don't know if the update has been installed correctly. Should I uninstall 2.4.15 before reinstalling 2.4.15.1?

You don't need to uninstall prior installing a new version, but you might want to reboot the computer prior installing in order to make sure there is no locked file which are preventing from being replaced by newer ones.

The GPS won't show the .1 because it shows the rxpGnsSIm.dll file version which is 2.4.15 for the latest.

The .1 is only for the gauge file and the 'menu' file.

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see user's manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)