Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

VHHH Stars

all

a not too short note ..... though i suspect it needs a navigraph "overdue fix" ...... the altitude restrictions on the various rnav stars have not (as also is the case in the pmdg's) been coded in p2a's airac and which unfortunately one can not "correct" (as you can with the pmdg's).

for example, on an ABBEY star, there is a requirement to be at FL130 at MUSEL.

interestingly, it is correctly coded in the "xml type" airacs used by many an addon.

the glitch makes it "impossible" for p2a to correctly issue a "descend via" arrival from an appropriate TOD & subsequently allow one to follow one's charts for the arrival.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

20 hours ago, vadriver said:

for p2a to correctly issue a "descend via" arrival

dave

i was pleasantly surprised to hear this instruction (though it did include an invalid altitude restraint) for an rnav arrival.

but i not i couldn't find a response in the "sayit" lists, though my (auto) pnf correctly responded, i think without the altitude restriction.

whichever, can one assume that p2a does issue the different clearances for rnav & legacy sids / stars ?

indeed is there a list of atc instructions used by p2a, by whom & when, as well as perhaps the response appropriate ..... i couln't spot such on the forum or in the software.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Letting the co-pilot respond to radio calls and change frequencies (option on the Speech tab) is the best way to get familiar with the flow of calls and correct responses.

You can also check the Grmr Help screen or the SayIt or SayIt+ screens for requests, reports, etc. calls that should work with each ATC controller.  The Grmr Help screen is best for a reference because you can select which controller you want.  There is a "starter set" of phrases at the back of the User's Guide also.

There are other phrases that will be understood, but these are the basic set that should get you through most flights.  

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC