Sign in to follow this  
berth

AILGenerator: question

Hi Nico,

Alles goed? Bevalt 't pensionado-leventje? Heb je afgelopen FSWeekend niet gezien, omdat mijn vrouw net terugkwam uit Mexico; keuzes, keuzes, ...

Anyway, I recently upgraded my flightsim PC and did a clean install of P3Dv4.5 on W10. As I wanted to use your PSXT in multi-PC mode I installed your software on my 2nd PC, and after configuring SimConnect it recognises P3D running. As I use IvAo as online platform, I wanted to use the IvAo_MTL for the liveries, so I pointed AILG to the relevant Ivao_mtl directory after installing Ivap. After running ('Go') however, I get an overview with:

• 'Invalid aircraft.cfg: 358'
  • 'Invalid types codes: 5'
  • 'Invalid [flightsim.x]: 200'
  • 'Number of liveries written to 'liveries`AI_liveries.xml: 0'
  • 'No liveries found'

I repeated the process with the Ivao_mtl copied to the 2nd machine: same result. I think I'm missing something elementary here :-), and I was hoping you could point out my error.

Thanks in advance, hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Bert Hilberink

Hi Bert,

Ja bevalt prima hoor, dank je. 
Ik was inderdaad bij jullie stand vorig jaar maar jij was er niet... (vreemd gezicht). Dit jaar maar weer proberen 😉

About your problem:

From the Manual section 3.4.1

"Note that the folder with the MTL should be named IVAO_MTL otherwise AILGenerator will scan the files as if they were normal liveries."

You should enter a path in AILG that ends with IVAO_MTL, it looks like you did not do that.

Cheers,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Ha Nico,

Thanx for your quick answer.

I have Ivao_mtl as folder name; so partly lowercase; is AILGenerator case sensitive?

Regards, Bert

7 hours ago, berth said:

I have Ivao_mtl as folder name; so partly lowercase; is AILGenerator case sensitive?

In detecting IVAO_MTL it is case sensitive indeed. It dates back from the time that the IVAO installer (long ago) used upper case. Don't know if that has changed with newer versions.

Edited by kiek

Thought that might be a problem... IVAO didn't change, folder is indeed in uppercase, I had the name in lowercase. Tried again, different result:

• Invalid airline codes: 1067
  • Invalid type codes: 20
  • Invalid [flightsim.x]: 527

But (probably more important):

• Total valid found: 6728
  • Number of liveries written to "liveries\AI_liveries.xml": 6728

And those are indeed present in that file on my harddisk. No idea if I have to do something about the invalid codes etc; just ignore maybe?

Thanks again, regards,

Bert

Overigens: Ik vlieg waarschijnlijk niet met FSMiDNeD op 't FSWeekend; if not, dan kom ik op zaterdag wel langs. 't AvioDrome heeft nl. nog steeds geen publiek Internet, en mijn 'portable cockpit' (ik neem m'n grote cockpit niet meer mee; veel te groot, zwaar en veel werk) heeft Internet nodig om goed te kunnen functioneren. Frans kan simpelweg niet garanderen dat 't er is; kan 'ie verder ook niets aan doen. Ik hoop dat 't AvioDrome ooit de 21e eeuw ingaat op dit gebied... 🙂

Edited by berth

46 minutes ago, berth said:

No idea if I have to do something about the invalid codes etc; just ignore maybe?

Just ignore them indeed.

Perfect! Thanks again for your help; and most certainly for all the software that you make (and have made) available to us. I used you lekseecon for the Level-D B767 for a lot of years in FS9 and FSX, so I'm looking forward to using PSXT 😀

Regards, CU soon, Bert