Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Another GSX Update

Gotta love the competition! Thanks Umberto!

From FB:

GSX updated again today, with support for multiple regional English accents for Pushback and De-Icing. We added British, Australian, Gernan, Indian and Italian accents, and remade the default American sound set with a clearer sound.

Regional accents are automatically selected depending on the airport.

We plan to expand this feature a lot, since the software can support an unlimited number of languages.

Get your FREE update now, running the FSDT Live Update.

This update supports both FSX and Prepar3D and doesn't require GSX Level 2.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Fantastic, GSX is the gift that keeps on giving!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

thx  for the  hu  yep   Umberto is always  pushing  out  these  updates

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So no need anymore for the Fs2crew product 🤪🤪🤪😂😂

Edited by rob0203

2 hours ago, rob0203 said:

So no need anymore for the Fs2crew product 🤪🤪🤪😂😂

Interesting - why?

When I think back to the 100GBP+ I paid for AES credits that gave me pushback, follow-me and not a great deal more GSX has to be the bargain of the century. Without Umberto's enthusiasm flight sim would still be in the 20th century.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The only thing I prefered in AES was that the follow me car spawned direcly in front of you. I hate waiting for it to arrive in GSX.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

The only thing I prefered in AES was that the follow me car spawned direcly in front of you. I hate waiting for it to arrive in GSX.

As I use EFB v2 with its moving map and taxi guidance line I never call for the follow-me. Surely waiting for the follow-me is far more realistic?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Surely waiting for the follow-me is far more realistic?

Is it though? I'd expect that at airports where a follow me is mandatory, like Mallorca for example, they would be waiting for you right next to the runway exit.

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Is it though? I'd expect that at airports where a follow me is mandatory, like Mallorca for example, they would be waiting for you right next to the runway exit.

Does every landing aircraft require a follow-me? Only for pilots unfamiliar with the airport I would have thought. Do you request one after every landing even if you know where your gate is?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does every landing aircraft require a follow-me? Only for pilots unfamiliar with the airport I would have thought. Do you request one after every landing even if you know where your gate is?

I read up on the procedures again. I misremembered them. Follow-me cars will guide only to the GA parking at LEPA.

Nontheless I would be curious to know how long one usually has to wait for a follow me after exiting the runway in real life. After all you can't block your exit way for an extended period of time.

18 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Which is funny, since having stuff popping in front of you it's easy, doing the proper and realistic thing of having a vehicle doing a proper path and reach to you, it's way harder.

It would be easy to an option to have something spawning in front of you, which were one of the thing I hated in AES and, in general, each time something appear from nothing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@Farlis, there are a limited number of follow-me vehicles at airports so their use is limited to requests from pilots I would imagine. My only experience of watching them was at Malaga and whilst a few aircraft used them the majority didn’t.

I imagine the request is made when on approach so the vehicle can be ready.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can you request a follow me car before you land? Like preselecting a gate?

1 minute ago, NZ255 said:

Can you request a follow me car before you land? Like preselecting a gate?

How would it know where to wait for you? 

• Upvote 1