Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Looonnnggg Time Loading Up

Hello Bryan,

I installed UGCX last night and thought I would get to try it out, but I see that it has to index all of the scenery.  That seems to have taken about 45 or so minutes, so I just went to bed and figured it would have that done and I could try it again this evening.

Well, P3D is hung up in the startup screen with a window that says that UGCX is indexing ALLLLLL of the scenery again at startup. Well, I can see that I'll be going to bed again before this is finished.

Is this indexing something that it has to do every time at startup?  If so, I have a big problem 😜

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Robert,

We're working on Hot Fix 1 which will dramatically reduce the scenery indexing load times if you have a lot of scenery.

Cheers,

Sounds good Bryan.  I'm picking up my new computer tomorrow...{i9 9900K 5.0GHz Turbo Eight Core8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM, 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD)} so that might help too.

Anyway, I guess it'll take me about three months to get all of my scenery and aircraft back loaded up again, so that will give you plenty of time 😁.

Thank you,

Bob

Thank you Bryan!  I hope it will be.

The only thing that I held back on was getting the RTX2080 instead of the RTX2080Ti.

The guy building the computer said that the small difference is not worth another $500.

My 2nd harddrive will be 4TB Samsung 860 EVO, V-NAND SATA (SSD) , so that is the one I'll load all of my scenery on.

I've patterned it from the "Jetline Gravity GTX" system, but these guys have built all of my computers since 1998 and do a great job with the computers and support.

I still have the first computer that they built for me back in 1998, and it still works (if I plug it in).

+1 .

I know it is mentioned that a hot fix is in the mix.  Please make it soon as a 30 min indexing is insane and can only get worst when adding more of my scenery.  Im current at 600+ addon scenery or lets just say.My scenery layer is at 792 ( and I still have more to install.)

ugcx_banner.png

20 hours ago, byork said:

Hot Fix 1 dramatically improves it.

We're just doing some final internal tests on Hot Fix 1.

Hey Bryan,

Just wondering if the Hot Fix is coming along soon. As I dont want to install scenery now when I have to wait that long, while it may be out soon.

I has been a bit busy also working on speeding up the scenery indexing.

But as far as I can tell you, so far it should take really less time. In version 1.0, the module was reading ALL scenery files (even if they were terrain/mesh information which is huge), that's why the initial version takes sooo long. The reason also, is that it was scanning every object in the BGL files: models, airports, navaids, etc. This was taking also time. But now the scanner is limited to a maximum file size: 4MB, this can be configured in UGCX.ini, so if any scenery has been skipped because of it's size, you can increase that option a little bit. Also, the scenery reader now doesn't reads ALL objects, but it takes the file's boundaries, so it doesn't scans the entire file, saving a bit more time. The whole process itself takes around 1-3 minutes. I know it's not the best, and can be improved. Also, it has been programmed so if you INACTIVE/ACTIVE a scenery area, it won't go and rebuild index again, which is the case now in v1.0, any slight change to the scenery.cfg even small, it makes it to rebuild indexes in UGCX. That's because UGCX was maintained a CRC value of the scenery.cfg. In v1.1, this doesn't happens, it detects when a scenery area has been totally added/removed from the scenery.cfg, THEN it goes and rebuilds the index.

spacer.png

Hi guys,

Trying to do a flight the amount of time, its taking is insane.

Please do release a Hot fix for this product as its impossible to plan a flight or install new scenery.

Product is very good no doubt but this time is precious.

Appreciate your input on this matter.

Thank you.