Sign in to follow this  
clif9710

importing a FP into the Xplane FMS

Short version: should a P2A .fms (for Xplane 11) export then import without any omissions into Xplane's FMS?

Long version: I used P2A to auto-generate a FP from KSAF to KPHX which it did including 13 waypoints. I then tried exporting this FP from P2A in the fms format for Xplane 11 and was prompted by P2A that it worked.

Then, I went to Xplane and loaded that same FP into the Xplane FMS. It loads, but I get only the departure and destination airports, none of the waypoints.

I note in the P2A manual it says that user defined WP's are accepted in a .fms export and assume that P2A generated WP's should transfer without problem.

Hello, Clif,

in the Config menu in the Flt Pln area under Export options there is the option: "Import-Export SID/STAR/APPR Waypts".

Have you checked this option?

Then it should work.

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

I'm now finding that if I define waypoints myself, they will show up once the FP is exported then imported to Xplane FMS. Waypoints created by P2A auto-plan do not show up in the FP upon import to Xplane FMS.

Clif,

what aircraft are you using?

I tested it with the X-Plane default Boeing 737 and the Zibo Boeing 737.
It has worked on both aircrafts.

X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

I'm in an Aerobask Eclipse. The FMS is Aerobask's version of the Skyview and Garmin GTN750

To experiment, I switched to the default Xplane Skyhawk that uses the (very user unfriendly) Garmin 530. With this plane/FMS the P2A exported FP loads fine showing all the WP's created with P2A. I do get a warning that the AIRAC cycle of Xplane is earlier than the one used by P2A for the save, but I think that's beside the point as the FP displays on the FMS just as it should.

An issue with the Aerobask implementation?

Clif,

unfortunately I don't know anything about this airplane and the Garmin GTN750 / Garmin 530.

I fly almost exclusively with the Zibo Boeing 737-800 and this airplane has a completely different FMC.

I'm really sorry.

Some GPS and FMC implementations require you to enter procedures (SIDs, STARs and Approaches) manually and they ignore the waypoints that make up those procedures.

I that case, you would want to uncheck the "Export SID/STAR/Approach Waypoints" option, import just the route and then enter the procedures manually.  These implementations also normally ignore any user defined waypoints.

Dave

Yes, it is the SID and STAR waypoints that are dropped, I guess I'm lucky that my own waypoints are recognized.

Thanks to both of you for your assistance.