Sign in to follow this  
roberty

orbx scenery and texture problem + pictures

hi everyone

it's a few days i moved from fsx to P3Dv4.4

my only problem happend after installing ftx orbx for p3dv4.4

during flight some textures are shown as big squares. i didnt see anyting like this before

and also while flight during night the simulator loads the texture of DAY instead night textures.

here are some pictures. you can click on them

0b2t_2019-9-20_20-58-48-973_thumb.jpg

lf5b_2019-9-20_21-52-23-487_thumb.jpg

bnm9_2019-9-21_13-44-42-129_thumb.jpg

2jn9_2019-9-21_15-4-6-694_thumb.jpg

my hardware:

cpu : corei5 2500

ram : 8 GB DDR3

vga: msi 1060

please help me solve this.

Edited by roberty

1.  Are you using Orbx Central?

2.  Are use using the latest Orbx Libraries?

3.  Why don't you go over to the Orbx Forums.  They are the experts and I'm sure they can solve your problem.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

Looks like an Orbx update that left behind corrupt terrain tiles.

If you fly close are they night tiles with lighting?

If so uninstall the affected Orbx LC and reinstall.  I had to do this twice to fix this issue... very annoying!

I wish Orbx would address this issue as it keeps reoccurring and just happened to me again after installing Honolulu cityscape!

Chris Camp

I've never had the problems that Chris has unfortunately repeatedly experienced.  Interesting.

I did have an issue with some of the small parts of openLC textures being black, but running the Verify Files tool for the product fixed that pronto.  A couple of years ago I had to force a reinstall of a region but I believe this to be the only issues I've had in a long time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Here's what mine looked like at the default AP next to EGLIN:

2019-9-18_14-26-21-493.jpg.62c438cbc31dd

Uninstalling and reinstalling Orbx NA LC temporarily fixed the issue but it keeps returning for some reason?

Chris Camp

I would also suggest deleting the openLC NA folders (there were 2 IIRC - not at my sim pc) after uninstalling as I found the uninstaller does not delete the files. Then reinstall and verify your ORBXLibs.

Randy

16 hours ago, RRVyper said:

I would also suggest deleting the openLC NA folders (there were 2 IIRC - not at my sim pc) after uninstalling as I found the uninstaller does not delete the files. Then reinstall and verify your ORBXLibs.

Randy

Good find!!!!!

This is probably why it usually me takes 3-4 uninstall attempts of the Orbx NA LC program to finally fix the issue!!!

Chris Camp

Another issue I found with ORBX airports (Chris, I remember that we discussed this on the ORBX forum) is that if you plan on reinstalling an airport, ensure you delete the installed files first, especially if you have turned some BGL files off (e.g. by using the airport control panel to make it compatible with a region). What I found is that the original file (without the .off extension) gets reinstalled and you end up with the scenario where the offending BGLs can no longer be turned off in the control panel because the .off version already exists! This WILL cause texture issues. I'm not sure if this has been rectified in the new ORBX Central as I am still using FTX Central.

Randy

Edited by RRVyper
Correction