Sign in to follow this  
fernandito1969

Reshade Text appears on Splash Screen after installing PTA

Hello;
I am have a small issue here in my Sim with an application called Reshade that appears on the splash screen. I am suspecting that t might be causing some deficiencies on my Sim since installed. At the time, I was trying to install the application "PTA" and see what good will do in my system but I have not set seeing any way out difference. I have poste previously on the form to consult this matter and looks like that Reshade application it's the wrong one. I have received a reply but I am not quiet clear of the advise. I posted a question in reply but have not received any replies so far, therefore I must ask the question again. I have attempted to un-install in order to make that Reshade.com text on the top left corner disappear, following the un-install instructions posted on Q&A area but cannot find it anywhere in the files in my system to start the process. I have posted assistance at that PTA Forum on how to un-installed correctly but it's being almost seven days pending reply to my post. Have anyone posted or reported similar issue requesting Tech Assistance before on this Forum ????

Note: I attempted to attach a screen shot of what I see on my screen but it seems that I am unable to do it. Could you advise please?

v/r
FRL

This is all about PTA, so questions about Reshade you”ll need to ask elsewhere I guess...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks for the reply and understood completely GSalden, however the problems is that this Reshade thing appeared in my screen after downloading and installing PTA the first time and I have searched all over my files for that file to uninstall and try to re-install again it but cannot find it in any file on the PD3, FSX, Pfiles. During download and installation, I was following a tutorial that it's available in youtube at the time. I was wondering if there it's another PDF or instructions available other than the one listed under un-installation in the website. I have followed but the file does not guides where the file appears so can un-install. Any suggestion or advise on how to accomplish this process please?

v/r

FRL 

PTA does not touch Reshade as one is different from the other.

And as you see a Reshade text it is Reshade that is causing this.

In your case I would uninstall both to see If it is gone. And use PTA only as that one also has some postprocessing tweaks like Reshade has.

But I am not a Reshade expert....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks for the advise GS. This past weekend after an extensive and long search, I finally located that Reshade file and kick it to the curb. Shaded area on top of the Splash Screen it's now gone history. I am suspecting that that particular file was causing a whole lot of hell in my system. I will be doing some testing flights with all the vehicles this week to confirm.

Best. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.