Sign in to follow this  
Kimp1lot

Engine start sequence

Hello,

Just tried an Engine Start Sequence with intercom and... it changed my aircraft heading

I was initially aligned with the stand line : https://imgur.com/a/tVsvmxI

FSLabs A319 at EDDB.

Can it be because I still had my chocks on ? I thought it would only be an issue for pushback, I was on my way to remove them.

PS: If the option "Bypass pin" is checked, it seems that the ground crew inserts the bypass pin during an engine start sequence on stand.

Edited by Kimp1lot

1 hour ago, Kimp1lot said:

I thought it would only be an issue for pushback, I was on my way to remove them.

Not sure but you would have to anyway IRL. After the engines are stared (to be exact, when the beacon is on), nobody is officially allowed to go near the MLG for obvious reasons. 

Knowing ppl will disagree here because you can literally stand in front of the engine while at idle, but rules are rules. 

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

So you confirm it's because my chocks were set ?

I just forgot to, what I meant is I believed that it would flip the aircraft only if pushback. I'm just wondering if it's a global bug or just me being stupid by forgetting the chocks.

I just did that myself with chocks in and out, and the same happened to me. O:O Roateted the aircraft roughly 30° to the right.

Bryan hotfix material.

Edited by 30K
  • Like 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

I just tried Engine Start at Stand with no Pushback Intercom option in the FSL A320.

The plane never moved at all.

It worked fine.  There was no rotation.

Can you reproduce this every single time?

At what exact point did it rotate you?

I'll find out if I can reproduce every time, it happened exactly when I clicked on "Intercom" option (when you have choice between hand signals and intercom).

3 hours ago, Kimp1lot said:

I'll find out if I can reproduce every time, it happened exactly when I clicked on "Intercom" option (when you have choice between hand signals and intercom).

Yes, please try to reproduce it.

Because I can't on my side.

30K could reproduce it though apparently, but I'll try

And maybe the report slipped through but your software inserts a steering pin for this engine start on stand (I guess if you ticked "Aircraft has a bypass pin" in the options) which it shouldn't do.

Edited by Kimp1lot

I can reproduce it too. Check Mail 😄

Cheers Henrik K.

Good Afternoon,

So I have had this issue on both the ocassions that I have used the methods above. The nose turns about 30 degrees off the line upon option selection.

Here is my log https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/384068890310737930/626375133761765386/Ultimate_Ground_Crew_X.LOG

Regarding the stands used in case it is stand specific it was on stand 8 and 9 at UK2000 Bristol using there modified AFCAD available on the forum that allows for cul-de-sac psushes with GSX.

Please see the screenshots below. I haven't tried to reproduce on demand so, I will try this evening.

https://imgur.com/lbRCmWq

https://imgur.com/AQQjTHN

Thanks