Sign in to follow this  
igneousrocklad

UGCX - So far, so good (slight quirks)

Great product! Definitely a step up in immersion from GSX. It is great that it can be paired with GSX partially as well.

I've noticed a few quirks. 

1. When towing PMDG aircraft (noticeable on the 777) the tow causes the tires to burst. Not sure whats causing it but it happens like clockwork.

2. QW787 nosewheel stuck in a non default position after pushback.

3. When towing into the gate the driver is a bit conservative when making the turn causing the aircraft to be slightly (noticeably) misaligned once stopped at the gate.

4. No way to measure distance with custom pushback routes.

All in all, a great program!! Cannot wait to see where it goes!

What I've noticed with the PMDG 748, during pushback, the brakes are being intermittently applied (the "brakes" message on the bottom of the screen flashes on and off continuously). They could be causing "overheating". Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, igneousrocklad said:

Great product! Definitely a step up in immersion from GSX. It is great that it can be paired with GSX partially as well.

I've noticed a few quirks. 

1. When towing PMDG aircraft (noticeable on the 777) the tow causes the tires to burst. Not sure whats causing it but it happens like clockwork.

2. QW787 nosewheel stuck in a non default position after pushback.

3. When towing into the gate the driver is a bit conservative when making the turn causing the aircraft to be slightly (noticeably) misaligned once stopped at the gate.

4. No way to measure distance with custom pushback routes.

All in all, a great program!! Cannot wait to see where it goes!

Hi Paul,

Glad you like it!

1. PMDG... The PMDG 747 and 777 aircraft have a quirk in the way PMDG programmed their nosewheel system.  We have to fire the brakes every couple seconds otherwise the the PMDG will start stuttering wildly when we move it.

The downside of this is that if you do a very long tow to the other side of the airport or something, your brakes in the 777 can overheat.  

2. So you can't center the nosewheel (rudder?)

3. Haven't noticed that one, but we can check.

4. In an update, we're going to be using the "Birds Eye camera view" for the custom pushback route so you can see everything better.  You won't need to measure distances.

Let me know about #2.

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi Paul,

Glad you like it!

1. PMDG... The PMDG 747 and 777 aircraft have a quirk in the way PMDG programmed their nosewheel system.  We have to fire the brakes every couple seconds otherwise the the PMDG will start stuttering wildly when we move it.

The downside of this is that if you do a very long tow to the other side of the airport or something, your brakes in the 777 can overheat.  

2. So you can't center the nosewheel (rudder?)

3. Haven't noticed that one, but we can check.

4. In an update, we're going to be using the "Birds Eye camera view" for the custom pushback route so you can see everything better.  You won't need to measure distances.

Let me know about #2.

Cheers,

Speaking on #2. It seems to cause the neutral center point to change. In my case if I centered my tiller the nosewheel would be slightly turned to the left. 

Regarding the PMDG pushback, GSX also had this issue... their workaround was to simulate a shift+p keypress which resolved the ‘jumping’

Edited by NZ255

Lovin' UGCX so far! I can also attest to the OP's #2 issue. I've done two flights with UGCX and PMDG737 so far and both flights after pushback the nose gear would be slightly askew -- if my pushback was to the right, the aircraft wanted to veer to right and vica-versa for pushing back to the left. Haven't experienced that with any other pushback utility before.

21 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Regarding the PMDG pushback, GSX also had this issue... their workaround was to simulate a shift+p keypress which resolved the ‘jumping’

Thanks NZ255,

We will going to do some test on it to try to fix it. The way GSX pushbacks the planes are a bit different than the way we do it, so we will do some tests to attempt to solve this

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Thanks NZ255,

We will going to do some test on it to try to fix it. The way GSX pushbacks the planes are a bit different than the way we do it, so we will do some tests to attempt to solve this

Understood

On 9/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, pilotforhire said:

Lovin' UGCX so far! I can also attest to the OP's #2 issue. I've done two flights with UGCX and PMDG737 so far and both flights after pushback the nose gear would be slightly askew -- if my pushback was to the right, the aircraft wanted to veer to right and vica-versa for pushing back to the left. Haven't experienced that with any other pushback utility before.

Been waiting on UGCX like so many for a while and it does not disappoint. Congratulations on the release.

I would like to add that I too am seeing the issue where the aircraft is pulling to either side on taxi. I'm using latest version of UGCX 1.2(also occurring in v1.0), PMDG NGX 737-800, P3D v4.5. I've tried with both user defined and default push back routing.

I've tried centring all controls, re-calibrating all axis etc to no avail. Using the default P3D or PMDG pushback features I'm not seeing the pulling issue when taxing. 

Thanks.