Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Tenerife South

I have been interested in getting a version of Tenerife South for P3D v4, and I see that there are now three versions available. I was not aware that the SimWings version had been released, and this is the one that I was waiting for. The airport seems to be rendered nicely, and it also has complete photorealistic coverage of the island at high resolution, and with a 5 metre terrain mesh. I would be interested to hear comments from other users about which version of Tenerife South is the best? I think that SimWings and MK Studios cover the entire island, but the Digital Design version is only the airport and immediate surroundings?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

"I think that SimWings and MK Studios cover the entire island, but the Digital Design version is only the airport and immediate surroundings?"

Hi Christopher,

yes you are right. I don´t own all three versions (only the MK-Studios one), so i might not be the best choice to give you advice. But, If you are a "Night-Flyer", go for the MK-Studio, their night lighting is superb in terms of realism and immersion, while the Simwings (at least their GCLP) is NOT and has been complained about in the Aerosoft forum. All you see is a kind of "washed out terrain" with bright patches and no street lights. Long story short : it looks very unrealistic, so is their GCTS, afaik. I make this comment as someone living on the Canary Islands for 35 years and travelling very often between the Islands and i have made many real world "night flights" between islands, hence my statement on realism. If you have the MK-Studio GCRR or GCFV scenery, you will see what i mean. Both look absolutely great (and realistic) during day and night. Performance is also outstanding.

Another "plus" is that MK-Studios is currently working on GCXO, (soon to be released, hopefully), otherwise you can grab the RFScenery Design GCXO wich fits in nicely deactivating a few files).

I would not consider Digital Design because of the reason you already stated (it only covers surroundings of the airport) and honestly i don´t know how it works with other terrain add-ons.

And before starting a "flame-war" : i´m a proud supporter of all three developers and own many if not all of their sceneries and i really enjoy all of them, except Simwings-GCLP at night 😉

Now i´ll let other users to chime in !

Regards, Lars

• Like 1

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

It seems that version 2 of the MK Studios package also has 5m resolution terrain mesh, and high resolution photorealistic textures for the entire island. I will think about it.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

It seems that version 2 of the MK Studios package also has 5m resolution terrain mesh, and high resolution photorealistic textures for the entire island. I will think about it.

I can recommend MK Version 2. Very nice. I use it in combo woth DD just for the airport as I bought that DD Version prior MK 2 came out. but the night lightning from MK 2 is superior! 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 9/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, mpo910 said:

I can recommend MK Version 2. Very nice. I use it in combo woth DD just for the airport as I bought that DD Version prior MK 2 came out. but the night lightning from MK 2 is superior! 

How do you did it? Are there some files for MKs GCTS to deactivate? I want to use MKs GCXO and the entire island, but for GCTS I prefer the DD Version. Thanks for help.

Greetings Andrew Bowler