Sign in to follow this  

Hi, when I launch the Active Sky 4 program I get this error: "A critical error has occurred in this application. Further program is not possible".
Do you have any idea what kind of mistake could it be? Has anyone encountered the same error?
Yesterday the program worked correctly, but today this error.
Use Prepr3D 4.5
Thanks.

Check if Windows Defender as quarantined the AS_P3Dv4.exe, if it has allow the file in the Defender actions and it should then launch.

Lawrence

Hello,

We would be happy to assist you, please log onto the HiFi support portal (http://support.hifitechinc.com) and log a support ticket, be sure to copy the URL from this forum post and include it in the ticket request. Please include most recent session logs, with Active Sky (only) running press the "Logs" button and save the AS_Log_Export.txt and attach to your ticket request.

The support site requires a separate login from the forum. Please note that you cannot login with your forum credentials, you will have to create a new account.

Thank you.

\Robert Hamlich/

On 9/23/2019 at 1:53 AM, HUSSAR said:

We would be happy to assist you

Robert,

I was also getting this critical error.  ASP4 does not fully load when you get this critical error so not able to save any AS_Log_Export.txt.  The latest error was this afternoon and I reported the error as requested at the bottom of the report.  I did the same thing over the weekend too.  I tried several times to get ASP4 to work.  I am using the Open Beta B7208 version.  I was going to submit a trouble ticket based on the info above (which HiFi Techs quickly respond to) but decided to try again.  This time I loaded ASP4 first and then startup P3DV4.5.  Can you believe ASP4 started up without any error and said it was waiting for the simulator?  Started up P3D and it loaded great too and ASP4 was working properly.  Closed everything and decided to do the procedures I used to get the critical error... start up P3D first and then load ASP4.  Again, no critical error.  So somehow, the issue was miraculously fixed without me doing anything.  I hate critical errors like this when the error suddenly stops without explanation.  Suspect it was something on HiFi's end.  Perhaps it was not allowing access to the HiFi Server or real world weather?   In any case, I'm happy it works now for me.  

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

We have a fix for this, customers can get help by submitting a ticket.  Keep that in mind should the error occur again.

Robert

• Like 1

\Robert Hamlich/