Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

ProATCX aircraft compatibility

Hi,

I posted this on the ProATCX forums, but I haven't gotten any replies. I'd like to purchase a new aircraft today, but I want to make sure I can import the flightplans from ProATC X in a similar manner in which I can import them with the NGX. The two aircraft I am considering are

Leonardo Maddog

Aerosoft Airbus series.

I know the website says that they are compatible, but I want to be certain, because there have been multiple versions of these aircraft over the years, and like ProATCX, they were developed for multiple platforms. I want to make sure It is compatible with the latest versions and in P3DV4.4 or higher.

Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I use it regularly with the Leonardo Maddog. No idea about the Aerosoft Airbus, but the developers have a contact form and a support forum.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, michaelth said:

I use it regularly with the Leonardo Maddog. No idea about the Aerosoft Airbus, but the developers have a contact form and a support forum.

Michael

Thanks. I have a post over there as well, but I haven't received any responses.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I haven't tried it, but Aerosoft Airbus (.flp) and Leonardo Maddog (.mdr) is in the list of flight plan formats that the program can export.

I have had some issues with the radios not switching over on the Leonardo Maddog when allowing the program to control them. But honestly I gave up on the program completely. It's too robotic for me and it's terrible at assigning vectors.

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

But honestly I gave up on the program completely. It's too robotic for me and it's terrible at assigning vectors.

What did you replace it with?

It works really good also with AI like Ultimate Traffic Live. And Rwy SID and Stars are assigned based on current weather. Unlike other Atc programs which don’t vector the AI and assign don’t assign the right Runway.

2 hours ago, duckbilled said:

What did you replace it with?

VATSIM or RC4 (freeware).

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

VATSIM or RC4 (freeware).

Thanks. I'm happy with ProATCX, but sinve RC4 is now freeware, no harm in giving it a shot.

Also, thanks everyone for the confirmations that both addons work with ProATCX.

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

It works really good also with AI like Ultimate Traffic Live. And Rwy SID and Stars are assigned based on current weather. Unlike other Atc programs which don’t vector the AI and assign don’t assign the right Runway.

Which program?

9 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Hi,

I posted this on the ProATCX forums, but I haven't gotten any replies. I'd like to purchase a new aircraft today, but I want to make sure I can import the flightplans from ProATC X in a similar manner in which I can import them with the NGX. The two aircraft I am considering are

Leonardo Maddog

Aerosoft Airbus series.

I know the website says that they are compatible, but I want to be certain, because there have been multiple versions of these aircraft over the years, and like ProATCX, they were developed for multiple platforms. I want to make sure It is compatible with the latest versions and in P3DV4.4 or higher.

Thanks!

It definitely works with the Aerosoft Airbus Professional. I've been using the two together for over a year now. When starting a flight plan it will allow you to select which plane you are using, pick Aerosoft Airbus from there and off you go. Remember to also save the flight plane into the Airbus flight plan tool. It will look like this example, KJFKKORD01