Sign in to follow this  
Kronovan

Freebie Cargo Floatplane or Amphib Recommendation?

I'm still experimenting with the demo and I'd really like to try out more amphibs and floatplanes, as that's what I fly most of the time in FSX. I downloaded Nicolas' freebie Republic Seabee RC3, so I don't need to be convinced about how well small private amphibs fly in this flight sim - truly excellent aircraft and experience! That was a particularly good test, because I own KC Flight Shops' Seabee for FSX. I'm hoping to try a larger amphib or floatplane with some cargo capability like a DHC-3 Otter, Quest Kodiak, DHC-6 Twin Otter or Grumman Goose or Mallard. I did download another freebie floatplane that's larger than the Seabee and the included Cessna 172, but it was very underwhelming.

So I'm hoping someone here might know of some good freebie, floatplanes or amphibs with some decent cargo capacity that I could try?

Edited by Kronovan

I think there's a twin otter that's fairly good...  Oh that's payware...buy xp11 already then buy that addon

https://store.x-plane.org/DHC-6-Twin-Otter-300-Series-v2_p_741.html

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes I came upon that payware Twin Otter and viewed the many freebie liveries it's fans have made for it. I will most definitely buy it once I own XP11. I was hoping to find at least 1 free mid-sized amphib or floatplane that I could experiment with.

Got that one and it flies OK in 11.36.  A Republic 'Seabee' at .org.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A Republic 'Seabee' at .org.

Yep, that's the Seabee by Nicolas that I've been flying - one of the best freebie airplanes I've ever downloaded.