Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

mesh for p3d v4

hi everybody,

this weekend there is an offer for pilot's mesh global ultimate and also toposim. any suggestions?

in general , reading the posts in the past, i see many of the users favorite toposim 19m. but as i can see the pilot can go down to 1m in some cases. the problem is that they don't say exactly where 🙂

anybody used both? and have any photos? i think the benchmark is the Matterhorn in Switzerland.

thank you

Nikos Kasimatis

Have you considered FreemeshX?

Ian S

38.jpg

Toposim without question. Great product and superb support. It's a no brainer IMHO even compared to freeware.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

go with FS Global 2018.  I tried FreemeshX and Global 2010.

I am using FS Global 2018 NG (the big 80gb package) and yes it loads super fast in all my sims which are in a SSD (that is FSX, and P3Dv4.5).

Others are slow in loading on my system.  I did a thread few weeks ago mentioning the performance.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

ian s: i use freemeshx some years now. plus some taburet meshes. i just wanted a change 🙂 to see if things go better.

vgbaron vs ... skywolf : hmmm you put me difficulties you too 🙂 i will read skywolf's thread

thank you

Nikos Kasimatis

Depending on where you are flying, Toposim goes down to 2m in their Ultramesh series. Otherwise, for example, the North American Regional bundle is 10m. An excellent and responsive small developer! I am sure he wouldn't mind if you directly asked him in an email what the differences are. I am sure he would explain politely.

I have been using Toposim since he split with FSGenesis.

Regards,

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

My go to mesh is TopoSim. The developer has been doing mesh for sims for years and tears. Great support...great software. Recommend.

C

thanks everybody. i will go with toposim for ... now. maybe in the future if pilot has a bigger discount, i will get also their mesh and i will compare them and let you know 🙂

Nikos Kasimatis