Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

I once knew a Flight Sim Psychic.

There is a guy named Kevin that goes by 'gibbage1' on Youtube.  He was actually a developer on the ACES team for MS Flight and has recently done some interesting videos talking about the new MSFS (although he is no longer with Microsoft).  

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 9/23/2019 at 9:20 PM, Flic1 said:

There is a guy named Kevin that goes by 'gibbage1' on Youtube.  He was actually a developer on the ACES team for MS Flight and has recently done some interesting videos talking about the new MSFS (although he is no longer with Microsoft).  

I enjoy his commentary

NDA's are no joke.

But it's not only because of the written word you sign, it also comes down to integrity. As a beta tester, you're really doing a "job" in helping something progress and the last thing on your mind really, is sharing what you know with those on the "outside".

Years back when FS2000 was the talk of the town, these boards were absolutely crazy with guesses and assumptions. FS98 got a bad wrap, and folks were nuts trying to come up with what FS2000 was gonna hold.

When the NDA was lifted, Avsim took the immediate steps of clamping down on unauthorized screen shots appearing, and the mods were all over these boards. At that particular time I had to prove that I was one of the beta testers to Avsim before I was allowed to post a shot.

I posted a single shot on a request of a user that wanted to see Cleveland. It was 2 weeks after the NDA had lifted, and I got permission from Avsim to do it and was added to a short list of verified members that were allowed to post. 

And even still, I felt uncomfortable doing it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The same happened with FS2002, FS2004 and FSX...

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I remember watching Robert Randazzo of PMDG give a talk at a flight sim conference, saying that in the future,we would be astounded at whats coming.

Edited by BIGSKY
  • Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It's an interesting anecdote, but we've been hearing about flight sim on XBox since at least the 360, if not the original XBox.  It's a natural cross-over.  A Microsoft "game" franchise on a Microsoft console.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:33 AM, David Mills said:

I thought I'd share a bizarre story with you about something strange that happened to me four years ago this month. My daughter and I were attending a group dinner, when we were introduced to a gentleman in his 30s named Kevin. Kevin was an avid gamer and, for a time, hosted a local podcast discussing all the latest news within the gamer community.

You were "had" sad to say. "Kevin" is actually an acronym for Kinetically Evolved Virtual Intelligent Neoteric. It escaped from that house depicted in the Movie Ex Machina when no one was looking.