Sign in to follow this  
Donald Traill

Problem with VNAV

My GTN will not descend according to VNAV on autopilot. I hear "Vertical track" but no glide-slope appears till it would normally in the approach. After much hair pulling I looked at my Garmin Trainer. I found that my trainer has a VCALC mode while my RXP GTN has a VNAV mode. I am flabbergasted. How can the RXP GTN be working when the trainer has different modes??? Yes, my GPS is fully functional otherwise other than VNAV. X plane also is affected by this BTW.

Please help!

Donald

SOLVED!!! I redownloaded and reinstalled the trainer. For the life of me I don't know how my in game GPS kept working when there was such a problem for the trainer.

FS Autopilots do not automatically couple to VNAV in the GTN.

In the real world, this is specifically designed for Garmin autopilots (only).

You (the pilot) are responsible for executing the descent.

• Like 2

Bert

I know I have to press APR mode when I see the VNAV glideslope but I never see the glide slope. Are you saying it doesn't work with Reality XP?

Edited by RXP

It can be disabled by adding a line to the ini file, which I do, since I do not like their implementation..   VNAV GS Needle=0

RealityXP, as best I know, did not go down this route :cool:

Edited by RXP

Bert

17 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

FS Autopilots do not automatically couple to VNAV in the GTN.

In the real world, this is specifically designed for Garmin autopilots (only).

You (the pilot) are responsible for executing the descent.

Exactly what happens with my real world KFC 150 autopilot.

David Porrett

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It can be disabled by adding a line to the ini file, which I do, since I do not like their implementation..   VNAV GS Needle=0

I believe you are referring to another GTN product configuration isn't it?
If this is the case, then this wouldn't be relevant to the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch product.

@Donald Traill Hi, I'd suggest you review the RXP GTN User's Manual, "Settings" chapter, specifically the "AFMS" section. 

Please note VNAV is a new mode introduced with GTN software 6.50 IIRC which replaces VCALC. However, this is an installation setting in the real world and we do provide the setting to choose which mode you'd like to use.

Other than this, I'd suggest you review the Garmin Pilot's Guide to further know which conditions are necessary for the VDI to show up, and if you find any discrepancy from the real documentation and our simulation, I'd be glad to further review this with you.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I believe you are referring to another GTN product configuration isn't it?
If this is the case, then this wouldn't be relevant to the genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch product.

@RXPNow you have screwed up my post... might as well delete it, since it makes no sense anymore..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert