Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

Country/state borders invisible

Why?!:

- Country/state borders invisible when zooming in on moving map!

- Important main cities not seen showing up on moving map!

Again WHY?!!

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

The horror!!  I think you should insist on a full refund of the purchase price!  Oh, wait a second now...

• Like 8

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If your problem is irritating stupidiness (the original title you gave this topic), perhaps you can address that yourself.

Otherwise, you could try a different Map\Theme?

Edited by Reader

8 hours ago, slimfly said:

Why?!:

Again WHY?!!

Why? Ask the OpenStreetMap contributors. But I'd recommend to join the team and correct this yourself: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new

And sorry for not correcting the world. The program is already enough effort to maintain.☹️

What theme, BTW?

Alex

Edit: Corrected thread title to be more meaningful

Edited by albar965
Title
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, slimfly said:

Why?!:

Again WHY?!!

Either you're a 15-16 years old child who has no idea how to behave on forums, or an older but really stupid person.

This tool is maintained and programmed for free .  Do you understand what that means ?. It means that you say thank you every time Alex finds the time to invest 30 seconds of his life to go into this forum and deal with people like you.

Not to talk about probably years of his time spent to program and maintain this wonderful tool without any requirement for anything other than gratitude.

@Alex - I wouldn't even bother on replying to such feed backs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2.png

On 9/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, albar965 said:

Why? Ask the OpenStreetMap contributors. But I'd recommend to join the team and correct this yourself: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new

And sorry for not correcting the world. The program is already enough effort to maintain.☹️

What theme, BTW?

Alex

Wouuuuuppss! Sorry guys for my bad temper and ignorance 😮
Lying flat down here...🙄

As a faithful customer through the years of FSCommander with FSX I suddenly realize that this app is not compatible with P3D and therefor desperately looking for alternatives. Then just now ran into Little Navmap and tried it out. Didn't realize before now that the app depends alone on Alex and OpenStreetMaps contributors as I understand it (As an obvious reaction I've just donated you some money to carry on with the good work). 
So far and overall I find this app as a very good alternative to FSCommander, especially the network interface which I find pretty smooth - much better than what FSCommander was able to manage during the FSX days. 
Just seem to have some obstacles though with the maps as mentioned above...

In my case, all I need Little Moving Map for is to work as a moving map on my second PC in network - within my multimonitor environment setup preferible as the darkest possible map background (as in FSCommander), and with preferible direct negative white text (not white labels with black text please), among this for showing clear major city and country names. And also as mentioned, clear state/country border lines, ex. in clear colors.
For this purpose I have until now only found the theme "CARTO Dark" as most suitable, but unfortunately, as it seems, at the expense of not being able to overview major city names and country borders.
So the question is if I eventually would have missed one or two of the many different map setting options in order to reach that goal?

Cheers,
Phillip

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Hi Phillip,

ja ja ... the bad mood.😊 I have this more than enough and stay away from forums and email then. Especially when I start to swear at my programming tools and my own program. 🙃

I suppose you already found the "how to set up networking" in the manual: How to run a network Setup.

Dark mode can be found in menu "Window" -> "Style" -> "Night". The options dialog has a setting for map darkness/dimming in this mode. This darkening applies to all map themes and content. You can also disable the white boxes around the labels in the options but there is no one for white text, sorry. The text color depends on the navaids.

The map theme "Simple" has very clear country borders, BTW. Also try Stamen Terrain.

There is a configuration file "little_navmap_mapstyle.ini" in the settings folder which allows to change more colors than the options dialog. See here in the manual: Customizing.

Thank you for the donation again!

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your answer. I will try your setting suggestions!

Cheers

Phillip Seedorff

Setup: