Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Twitch content creators invited to Seattle by MS

I believe a number of prominent flightsim Twitch streamers were invited by MS to Seattle last week?  Does anyone one know what that was about?  Presumably they will be given access to beta versions for streaming when the time comes.

Edited by ErichB

Is there really anybody watching these guys  ?  

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 minutes ago, domkle said:

I used to follow Matt Smith (Chewwy) sometimes.  Whether you do or don't now, it might be interesting if they were given permission to stream some content.  Although  the Twitch streams are generally annoying these days as everyone is trying to be a comedian to get featured on some blooper Youtube show.  The histrionic behavior is just too much

Edited by ErichB

I got sick of the ‘failures’... “OMG! I can’t control the plane!! I didn’t plan this  “

Is Matt Davies still posting videos on YouTube? I have enjoyed watching (and listening) to quite a few of his videos in the past.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, domkle said:

I bet there's more active subscribers to flight-sim streamers than active avsim-users, so yes. 😉

On Sunday Matt said he will be able to talk about it 'next week'. I figured the it will be synced with the 26th info day. 

Matt is entretaining, but the Blackbox711 strem is truly informative

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

36 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

but the Blackbox711 strem is truly informative

He is an Airbus FO for real though

Just now, ErichB said:

He is an Airbus FO for real though

He does interesting YT

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Have to agree Twitch and YT streaming does seem a hopeless affair unless there's:

1.  A transfer of knowledge - a subject matter expert who passes on real-world knowledge on flight procedures and/or how-to tutorials. (e.g. Blackbox711, flightdeck2sim). 
  2. A first-look at a product the masses do not have access to.

Unfortunately most Twitchers and YouTubers I have seen don't bother with checklists, or have any real technical know-how about what they're doing (a bit like myself lol). So why would anyone bother watching except out of sheer voyeurism perhaps?

• Upvote 1

I could never spend 1 -? hours watching a live stream, when I can get the info I need searching YT videos about the specific thing I'm looking for ie. flightplanning, programming the FMC/MCDU etc.etc.

And besides, it annoys me with all the shout outs to subscribers and banners with who has signed up again or given money to them. And why is it that a lot of streamers seems to think we need to see them on screen, really?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Rule of thumb : anybody having him/her in a PiP in a corner of the screen or talking fast like an overexcited used car salesman is out of my book.

• Upvote 2

Dominique

To be fair, Matt Smith (chewwy) does a good stream.  He's balanced, articulate and respectful.  He generally researches the software before he uses it in the sim and overall knows what he's doing in the sim.  The over-excited flapping I can do without, but whatever.  Blackbox and Flightdeck2Sim are very good value and real world guys.

I find the rest of the streamers of little value.  No idea why some stream their sim sessions when they can't operate their aircraft properly, but to be fair,  all they are really doing is simming, like everyone else - and streaming it.  It's the following that gets me.

• Upvote 1