Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

Flightbeam KPDX

Just bought. Nice scenery during the day, but if i goto night time with landing lights on the runway looks shimmery/gravel effect going on. Is there a way to fix that?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

There on mate

Mike

If i use 8X ssaa it soughta goes away but that cant be a fix for this.

Mike

As far as I know, this is a bug in Prepar3D which they are looking at.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Ughhh Ok well ill live with it. Means its either another hotfix (Get all addons to be compatiable again) or Version 5

Mike

I would switch off dynamic lighting but then youre illumination of the ground dissappears. Who ever thought that was a good idea that no dynamic lighting means no lights on the ground needs a swift kick up the you know what 😞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike

1 hour ago, Riah069 said:

I would switch off dynamic lighting but then youre illumination of the ground dissappears. Who ever thought that was a good idea that no dynamic lighting means no lights on the ground needs a swift kick up the you know what 😞

Are you using PMDG planes? Theirs and some other addon aircraft use DL for landing and taxi lights.

As for the shimmering in general, there is an issue with anti aliasing of PBR obejcts in P3D which needs to be fixed by LM. As far as I know they are aware of it. However, since FB KPDX doesn't include any PBR obejcts, it's likely the type of ground textures they are using which allows for better visuals during daylight but results in the shimmering at night. This can also be observed at some FSDT airports.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I was running aerosoft A320. But yeah i see that most payware aircraft has this issue. word not allowed annoying.

Mike

Until LM fix this there is a workaround fix. You can use Nvidia Inspector and set anti aliasing mode to 'enhance the application setting' and transparency supersampling to '8x sparse grid supersampling'. Reduces the shimmering of PBR objects considerably.

• Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Just bought. Nice scenery during the day, but if i goto night time with landing lights on the runway looks shimmery/gravel effect going on. Is there a way to fix that?

I just flew out of there last night, I didn't notice anything abnormal... I will check again as it was evening, not completely dark. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Until LM fix this there is a workaround fix. You can use Nvidia Inspector and set anti aliasing mode to 'enhance the application setting' and transparency supersampling to '8x sparse grid supersampling'. Reduces the shimmering of PBR objects considerably.

I do this as well.

I use 16Q and I use NI TF 16x while clamping textures - I get no shimmering anywhere anytime. Not blurry and smooth as silk. 

But I lock frames in sim at 20, which very few simmers/gamers will resort to this. All I can say is there have to be give and takes. I want very high settings (full realistic scene/living world) , no stutters, and no shimmering, so I do what I must, and 20 FPS works fine for me.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 on the NI settings (w/o the FPS lock).They work prefect for me. I'm sporting a 2080Ti, though. YMMV. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

@threegreen and @pracines could you guys please post a screen shot of youre NI settings please.

Regards

Mike

Mike