Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

EZCA v3 & Windows Defender

Apologize if this has been covered before but - every time I launch P3D Windows defender quarantines EZCA.  I was have to hit allow and restart p3d, but is there a way to permanently white list?  This is getting frustrating lol.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

You pay for want you get and Windows Defender is free with the system!  I've been using ESET Smart Security and its predecessors for over 20 years without issue and certainly without tweaking it before running anything.    Suggest you look at ESET to see if it meets your needs.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Well, that wasn't very helpful now was it? 

WD works just fine for many of us.  All you have to do is go to Settings -> Updates and Security -> Windows Security -> Virus & threat protection... on that page, you can scroll down and add exclusions.  Add C:\Program Files\EZCA3 (or wherever your EZCA is installed) to the excluded folders.  Then re-install EZCA to make sure all the required file are in their proper places.  I did this long ago with EZCA2 and haven't had any problems since.

Cheers!

Eric Gee

Certified RTFM instructor

Chris, Eric beat me to it - I've not had a problem with Ezca3 since I excluded it in the way described.

Steve Weeks

Thanks folks - I just added the exclusion.  Lets see what happens!  Thanks.  This whole time I thought it auto-added the exclusion - who knows why i actually thought that!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

EZCA works fine for me with the WD exclusions as described above.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."