Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic Live alternatives?

It has been a while since I have last checked but are there any good alternatives to UTL out there that have up to date / current liveries?  UTL is outdated, and I don't have the time to manually update them.  I was wondering if there is anything else out there that people would recommend.  There was a free, manual solution that looked complicated to me that I don't recall the name.  What I liked about UTL is you pretty much install it, play with the settings and you are all set.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Alpha India Group (AIG) , there is a thread here on this forum, last date was around the 13 sept.

bob

• Like 1

You also could update the liveries in UTL using a free tool called AI2 UTL Injector. All you do is set two paths in the config file and run the tool, then copy the resulting repaints config file into the UTL folder. I did this recently using the free FLAI models and it was not difficult. I'm happy to talk you through the process by pm.

I agree that UTL has a good user interface, it also does GA AI, which I believe AIG's software does not.

Hi,

After being a UTL user myself, I accidentally uninstalled it last week and then thought this is the chance to try Alpha India Groups One Click Installer. I am enjoying it very much, looks daunting for a start but once set up it's great, especially with AI companion and AI Separation.

Alan Finch

Windows 11, Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHz, RAM 32GB 

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

It has been a while since I have last checked but are there any good alternatives to UTL out there that have up to date / current liveries?  UTL is outdated, and I don't have the time to manually update them.  I was wondering if there is anything else out there that people would recommend.  There was a free, manual solution that looked complicated to me that I don't recall the name.  What I liked about UTL is you pretty much install it, play with the settings and you are all set.  Thanks!

This works for me. Remarkably accurate.

http://ailivetraffic.com/

Cheers,

Mark

I too switched from UTLive to the AIG system. First of all the aircraft look so much better and I was frustrated by UTL that I couldn't update to the newer airports that have been coming out like SEQM and so forth. AIG does all that and more. Something to look into.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

37 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I too switched from UTLive to the AIG system. First of all the aircraft look so much better and I was frustrated by UTL that I couldn't update to the newer airports that have been coming out like SEQM and so forth. AIG does all that and more. Something to look into.

Lee

Say I switch to AIG.  I assume there is a tutorial but in a nutshell, I would first uninstall UTL.  Then install AIG.  After that, I would go to some specific place to find a bunch of AI liveries that I want to install and then load them to AIG?  I like the automation of UTL so I want to try to avoid having multiple downloads of different liveries for each plane a carrier flies.  I feel like i'd be downloading and installing things for days.  Please correct me if I am wrong! 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

17 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Say I switch to AIG.  I assume there is a tutorial but in a nutshell, I would first uninstall UTL.  Then install AIG.  After that, I would go to some specific place to find a bunch of AI liveries that I want to install and then load them to AIG?  I like the automation of UTL so I want to try to avoid having multiple downloads of different liveries for each plane a carrier flies.  I feel like i'd be downloading and installing things for days.  Please correct me if I am wrong! 

I just switched from MT6 which I have had for years to UTL. I did it mainly for GA flights. The AI in UTL works great, one click, it installs, and it just works. I looked at AIG, and frankly, I have more to do in life than screw around with an AI program to get it to function properly. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

After that, I would go to some specific place to find a bunch of AI liveries that I want to install and then load them to AIG?  I like the automation of UTL so I want to try to avoid having multiple downloads of different liveries for each plane a carrier flies.  I feel like i'd be downloading and installing things for days.  Please correct me if I am wrong!

You don't have to search for or download and install anything. AI Manager knows where to download everything that's required and installs it all for you. 

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just switched from MT6 which I have had for years to UTL. I did it mainly for GA flights. The AI in UTL works great, one click, it installs, and it just works. I looked at AIG, and frankly, I have more to do in life than screw around with an AI program to get it to function properly. 

If your only using GA, of course it works great. Install big iron, its a pain the you know where.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

10 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

AIG does have a manual, but since the product is technically a beta, the manual may not be that current. Nonetheless, the forums are very helpful and the developers are very responsive. They have done a great job running the beta, and the current version is very stable.

I can't really remember how hard it is to set up. It was certainly a lot more challenging when they first released the thing last year, but I think those bugs have been fixed. Now, I just check for updates on the weekends. If there is a new version of the program, it automatically updates when you start it. If new airlines are added or current ones are updated, you can install them with a couple clicks.

I used some version of Ultimate Traffic for years, and I was a big fan of the product. I still have it installed, but I have all of the traffic shut off except for a handful of airlines that AIG doesn't have (Volaris, Korean...). The AIG AI Manager is so much easier. I feel like an old man looking back on all of the hours I spent downloading and installing paints into UT. It will be the FS version of walking 5 miles to school in the snow with no shoes. Our children will laugh at us for going through so much pain just to have nice looking AI.

Only drawback to AIGAIM I can think of is that your load times will increase.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

6 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

If your only using GA, of course it works great.

... and some UTL GA 3D models are awful !

1552724953-2019-3-15-15-3-38-400.jpg

PS : I personnaly updated my UTL traffic with the free "Orbx AI Traffic North America General Aviation"

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

15 hours ago, LEdwards said:

You also could update the liveries in UTL using a free tool called AI2 UTL Injector. All you do is set two paths in the config file and run the tool, then copy the resulting repaints config file into the UTL folder. I did this recently using the free FLAI models and it was not difficult. I'm happy to talk you through the process by pm.

I agree that UTL has a good user interface, it also does GA AI, which I believe AIG's software does not.

Wait a minute...

I’ve been manually adding FLAI AI AC to UTL with reprints?

How does this program know what liveries to update vs what’s already in UTL?

Chris Camp

BTW does anyone know why the HTAI BN-2 from the HTAI website is unrecognizable when trying to access it in UTL...?

All other AI models show up fine but when I select UI manufacturer as listed in the AC .cfg (Britten-Norman) it isn’t listed in the UTL menu?

Chris Camp

29 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Wait a minute...

I’ve been manually adding FLAI AI AC to UTL with reprints?

How does this program know what liveries to update vs what’s already in UTL?

It scans the repaints file and compares it to what is available in your repaint source (FLAI for me). There are various rules/options you can set but the default approach is very sensible. The log file after I ran it reported the following:

Total UTL Model processed: 4204
Total Ai Replaced: 2679