Sign in to follow this  
James8133

AES Can't Find Airport

Okay, so no issues.  The first entry is a singular, so no dupe.  The second are elements of the same runway.  So, no dupes of either.

Ernest Pergrem

What else can I do to try and resolve the issue? Also, s having duplicates at KJFK a bad thing?i

James Stump

2 hours ago, James8133 said:

What else can I do to try and resolve the issue? Also, s having duplicates at KJFK a bad thing?i

It can be because depending on the order in which FSX loads them, one can override the other causing conflicts.

However, you don't appear to have any conflicting files, so it's probably back to FSDT to give it another try.

Ernest Pergrem

Thank you for the response AirErnie, I can reach out to FSDT again. I apologize for the late response. I've been sick with a cold over the past couple of days, and I haven't had time to check the forums.

When I first reached out to FSDT, the only answer that VirtualAli could give me was; "I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. Everytime I load up KLAX, I get this message that says; "KLAX trial period has begun." I went into my addon manager and found that KLAX was already activated. So, I'm confused to why each time I load my plane at KLAX, that message still appears. VirtualAli then went on and said; "Do you have an addon scenery for KLAX from Ray Smith maybe? This can only be caused by another scenery for KLAX installed, the one from Ray Smith had this problem." All I want is to find a solution to why this is happening. 

I know that FSDT recently updated their products. After I updated them via the FSDT Live Update application, AES was still able to work. I understand that GSX is available for all their FSDT products. However, I'm not a big fan of GSX. That's why I've been using AES all of these years. 

What else can I do to resolve the issue? Do you think I should uninstall ALL of my FSDT products and reinstall them again? I do appreciate all the help that is given towards me. I hope we can get the problem fixed ASAP. 

James Stump

On 9/29/2019 at 5:22 PM, airernie said:

Okay, so no issues.  The first entry is a singular, so no dupe.  The second are elements of the same runway.  So, no dupes of either.

Do you think uninstalling the airport and reinstalling it could help?

James Stump

1 hour ago, James8133 said:

Do you think uninstalling the airport and reinstalling it could help?

I think that you are probably left with little other choice. 

Before doing that I would try my suggestion in the earlier message to run the reg file and see if that has any effect.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Good morning, I apologize for the late response. I've been sick with a cold over the past week. I think it's because it's that time of the year. I will try that and I will get back to you. 

James Stump

How do I run the reg file again? That's not the airport scanner that you were talking about?

James Stump

3 hours ago, James8133 said:

How do I run the reg file again? That's not the airport scanner that you were talking about?

Enter %HOMEPATH%  in the search box.  The folder containing the .reg files should open.  Find the one for your airport and double click it.  If that doesn't work, deactivate the airport and run it again.

If the file isn't there, you'll have to do some searching for the file name FSDreamTeam_KLAX.reg

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Shouldn't be a problem. It's a standard message and you've got the correct directory.

If you're concerned then i would go the uninstall route and reinstall the scenery.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

The last time I uninstalled KLAX and reinstalled it, the activation code was already entered. Another thing that I ran into, last time it wanted me to remove the FSDTLive Update Application. I clicked "no" because it would impact all the other FSDT products not to work well. Any advice?

James Stump