Sign in to follow this  
keight

Thoughts, questions, suggestions

hello

on the current version the marshaller shows the chocks in signal right after the stop signal. are you planning to replace the chocks in green bar in fs2crew with ugcx hand signals?

Spoiler

and I havent seen the cut engines signal yet. is it missing?

would it be possible to make the straight ahead animation smoother? for now it looks slideshow like.

also it would be great if marshaller could guide along the parking centerline more precisely.

upon selecting a parking stand for marshaller or follow me car some stands are not shown in the list even if they match the airplane in terms of category and wingspan.

why does the agent show the set brakes/release brakes gestures when connecting and disconnecting the tow bar? he is not visible from the cockpit for that moment. 

and he gets in through the nose gear when removing the pin. it looks odd.

could you add an option to adjust agent's distance and angle when he goes for hand signals? 

can we expect voice control for engine start at stand and towing?

and would nice to have more variations of phrases for every phase. both for ground crew and voice commands

Edited by keight
  • Upvote 1

Now, that would be really cool if e.g the PM of FSLabs FS2Crew contacts ground during preflight for  "please confirm chocks are in" or "please remove external power" and the guy on the ground would additionally  signal it 😊

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

OK, sounds great. 

One more I just noticed in UGCX. 

With language set to English and regional voice activated, the German voice initially just uses 'please confirm the brakes are set". According to the manual he should say "communication check please and confirm the brakes are set". 

So he skips the communication part. Is that done on purpose (not applicable in Germany maybe)? 

Edited by mikealpha

6 hours ago, byork said:

After 1.1 is released for UGCX, then I start the process of adding proper UGCX support to the FS2Crew's.

Cheers,

what about the rest items from the list? 🙂

3 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

OK, sounds great. 

One more I just noticed in UGCX. 

With language set to English and regional voice activated, the German voice initially just uses 'please confirm the brakes are set". According to the manual he should say "communication check please and confirm the brakes are set". 

So he skips the communication part. Is that done on purpose (not applicable in Germany maybe)? 

We know... the German voice artist, who is also a real-world ramp agent and one of beta testers, didn't record that part about the Comms check because in Germany he says they'd never say it...

1 hour ago, byork said:

We know... the German voice artist, who is also a real-world ramp agent and one of beta testers, didn't record that part about the Comms check because in Germany he says they'd never say it...

OK, good to know, thanks for the info. 

15 hours ago, keight said:

Please don't add this, the engines are shut down as part of the flight crews normal shut down checks after parking brakes are set.  I think most crews would find it infuriating being told by a Marshaller to shut down their engines.

• Like 1

Glen

16 hours ago, keight said:

hello

In an alpha version the "cut engines" animation was set to play right after the "chocks in" hands signal once you stop at the parking spot. It was eventually removed, can't remmember why :)

would it be possible to make the straight ahead animation smoother? for now it looks slideshow like

the animations itselfs the transition between one to the other is not yet polished, needs to be improved, if you that's what you mean?. In other words, when the marshaller cycles between "turn left" and "straight ahead" doesnt looks like it's transitioning right...but if you meant another thing...then don't know hehehee...can you explain further?

upon selecting a parking stand for marshaller or follow me car some stands are not shown in the list even if they match the airplane in terms of category and wingspan

Well that's weird, it should appear. However, I don't know if you already know that there is another way to select the parking when you request "follow me car" or "marshalling onto stand". There is an option that you can select the parking from the map (instead of using menues), in that way, you can also see if the parking is already occupied or it the module detects it that it doesn't fit the wingspan.

why does the agent show the set brakes/release brakes gestures when connecting and disconnecting the tow bar? he is not visible from the cockpit for that moment

During alpha a user said that usuallly they makes a "brakes released/set" gesture for the tug's driver so he knows that the pilot (thru the intercom) has acknowldge/instructed that the brakes has been released/set

and he gets in through the nose gear when removing the pin. it looks odd. 

The module takes the nose wheel's location as the location where the agent should stand for disconnect the pin. We could improve this by adding an aircraft's offset so you can specify where it should stand for remove the pin. This could be kinda new feature for the window were we actually allow the user to specify the aircraft's offsets/contact points.

could you add an option to adjust agent's distance and angle when he goes for hand signals? 

There is a "slider" in the "Aircraft's Profile Settings" window that let's you calibrate that angle/distance from your POV (point-of-view) in the cockpit. It saves that in the current aircraft's setting.

can we expect voice control for engine start at stand and towing?

During earlier alpha versions, we had some sort of voice control over them, but eventually then we decided to drop it. We can eventually add it again, but I would have to ask Bryan.

and would nice to have more variations of phrases for every phase. both for ground crew and voice commands

Yes, we are able to do that. I know it will contribute a lot in the user's inmmersion!  :)

Cheers,

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Hi Manuel. Thanks for your detailed reply.

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

In an alpha version the "cut engines" animation was set to play right after the "chocks in" hands signal once you stop at the parking spot. It was eventually removed, can't remmember why 🙂

Its not vital. different airports use different procedures in that regard. I just saw that gesture in the promotion video and wondered if its missing. 

the animations itselfs the transition between one to the other is not yet polished, needs to be improved, if you that's what you mean?. In other words, when the marshaller cycles between "turn left" and "straight ahead" doesnt looks like it's transitioning right...but if you meant another thing...then don't know hehehee...can you explain further?

yep transitions between the animations need to be improved as well. but I meant the motion itself. its intermittent and not smooth. see the video below

Spoiler

The module takes the nose wheel's location as the location where the agent should stand for disconnect the pin. We could improve this by adding an aircraft's offset so you can specify where it should stand for remove the pin. This could be kinda new feature for the window were we actually allow the user to specify the aircraft's offsets/contact points.

would be nice

There is a "slider" in the "Aircraft's Profile Settings" window that let's you calibrate that angle/distance from your POV (point-of-view) in the cockpit. It saves that in the current aircraft's setting.

and here I meant the ramp guy when he goes to hand signals and waves the bypass pin after disconnection.

During earlier alpha versions, we had some sort of voice control over them, but eventually then we decided to drop it. We can eventually add it again, but I would have to ask Bryan.

I believe this one is 'must have' item. especially during service without pushback.

Yes, we are able to do that. I know it will contribute a lot in the user's inmmersion!  🙂

exactly!! 

Kind Regards

19 hours ago, keight said:

+1!

On 9/26/2019 at 10:27 AM, byork said:

I just checked this again, and while this is fine of course, the only available answer still seems to be "communications are Ok and the brakes are set" (as written in the manual). There seem to be no available other phrases. Just "brakes are set" or "parking brakes set" are not recognised.

So if the German voice artist skips that part, you would also need to adjust the available answers.

Something, that I think needs fixing - The tow truck is always driving over one of the ramp attendants after removing the tow-bar as it reverses away from the aircraft, isn't that illegal? 🤣

The ramp agent disappears from view as he arrives at the tow truck.😦

Will their be voice control for other activities in the future, like towing?