Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 released (26 Sep 19)

1 minute ago, simbol said:
  • Fixed issue where add-on land class textures would not be loaded in some cases.

😉

S.

Lol - that is it - omg, I read the changelog so many times to find out -

Yay !!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Another example why you should install all components and no just the client..

Client

• Improved handling of alpha values in terrain vector textures.

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed incorrect transparency values in several autogen objects.

This fix allows 3rd party developers to do wonders with night lighting.. 😉 but it will work nicer with both fixes.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

is there any negative to installing the other non client updates?  IE, does it wipe out your addon scenery?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Any news on EZYDOC ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

is there any negative to installing the other non client updates?  IE, does it wipe out your addon scenery?

If you subscribe to the "new" way of installing 3rd party add-ons outside of the main sim directory and inject via xml, upgrades are a breeze - Uninstall old version, install new version. Click executable... have fun.

Despite that, P3D doesn't delete non-native folders, so apart from having to rebuild scenery & terrain configs, you won't "lose" your add-ons if you do things the old school way, it's just much more involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

8 hours ago, Reader said:

It automatically asks you to update.

The update then fails twice before succeeding the third time and then asks you for the thousandth time to enter your proof of purchase

which it then stores away on your PC so that the next time there is an update, it can ignore it again.

Seamless.

YMMV of course.

Particularly irritating feature of REX.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

20 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Anyone else have annoying black squares and day/night mixed ORBX textures after scenery update?  Verify files, uninstall and reinstall, none were of any help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180635-p3d-v45-orbx-night-water-and-black-textures-at-day/

Seems to be an OpenLC thing.  No issues in Asia.

I'm just doing a uninstall/reinstall of Global, Vector, OLC and ORBX libraries. Will report back. Could you specify a location with reasonable distance to other add-ons, where those black(night) textures are very present?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Any news on EZYDOC ?

We are currently testing a new build EZCA v3 which should solve the problem with the autostart (simconnect issue) still appears for some users, and immediately do work with the new version ActiveSky and the latest hotfix for P3D4.5 compatibility. In addition, we are working on compatibility EZCA version 2 with Activesky and the hotfix for P3D. The release is planned in the coming days.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

35 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Anyone else have annoying black squares and day/night mixed ORBX textures after scenery update?  Verify files, uninstall and reinstall, none were of any help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180635-p3d-v45-orbx-night-water-and-black-textures-at-day/

Seems to be an OpenLC thing.  No issues in Asia.

Been having this as well post update. Doing a simple reinstall never seems to do it for me, because there will be remnants left behind. After uninstalling particular ORBX LC from FTX Central, go to your ORBX folder and delete any LC folders and files that have been left behind. Only then do a reinstall. Freshening up on the libraries doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Evros

Anyone seeing this sort of issue in 4.5.13 ?

Client update only, and shader cache has been deleted.

Various different aircraft affected in different ways, commonly though either textures are transparent of appear to be missing entirely.

Rolled back to 4.5.12 client and all was back to normal.

D3B2F5570FAFF78177022CB94ED8A106785C35A9

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

48 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Anyone seeing this sort of issue in 4.5.13 ?

Client update only, and shader cache has been deleted.

Various different aircraft affected in different ways, commonly though either textures are transparent of appear to be missing entirely.

Rolled back to 4.5.12 client and all was back to normal.

D3B2F5570FAFF78177022CB94ED8A106785C35A9

Are you using shader mods (like PTA Evshade or Tomato)? You could try to run the content update either. Uninstall first, then install new. Because Aircraft Textures should be part of the content

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png