Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 released (26 Sep 19)

Very surprised no-one has mentioned THE big change in this fix. The ability to control take-off / landing for each end of a runway. So finally, 05R at EGCC can be set to landing only and 23L can be set to take-off only. That 'bug' has been around since FSX days. Thank you L-M! 😁

Other airports can also benefit from this such as LEMD Madrid Barajas.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Very surprised no-one has mentioned THE big change in this fix. The ability to control take-off / landing for each end of a runway. So finally, 05R at EGCC can be set to landing only and 23L can be set to take-off only. That 'bug' has been around since FSX days. Thank you L-M! 😁

I did! lol

S.

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

I did! lol

S.

Sorry. I did scan through all the posts and obviously missed yours.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, I think this a very important change. It also means that LM does not ignore AI behavior. Good to know.

Overall, I think this update/hotfix is a great step forwards. Makes P3D great again! I've also recognized that some buildings now fade in in the distance, though I'm not yet sure if this are autogen or scenery buildings or both.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, ABurek said:

Anyone else have annoying black squares and day/night mixed ORBX textures after scenery update?  Verify files, uninstall and reinstall, none were of any help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180635-p3d-v45-orbx-night-water-and-black-textures-at-day/

Seems to be an OpenLC thing.  No issues in Asia.

Yes, but I only updated the Client.  Orbx Global Base, Vector and OpenLC NA. Stock shaders.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

I'm just doing a uninstall/reinstall of Global, Vector, OLC and ORBX libraries. Will report back. Could you specify a location with reasonable distance to other add-ons, where those black(night) textures are very present?

Anywhere in NA, EU or SA.  Asia is fine.  Distance to addons seems to be irrelavant because it happens everywhere.

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Strangely, I do not have a problem with take offs on 23L and landings on 23R @ UK2000 Manchester Xtreme on my PC. In fact, someone posted on the UK2000 forum just a few days ago about this problem, and I offered to send him my version of the AFD file. He has since reported that his problem has been solved.

I do not see a single AI plane trying to land on 23L.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Updated Client and Scenery. Trying my first long flight from KLAX to NZCH and guess what Orbit, Delta and Pacifica are back. Urggggggh.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

13 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Updated Client and Scenery. Trying my first long flight from KLAX to NZCH and guess what Orbit, Delta and Pacifica are back. Urggggggh.

Turn off the default  traffic BGLs in Scenery\World (or Global)\Scenery.  Delta is an Addon AI carrier, not default. 

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

17 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Anywhere in NA, EU or SA.  Asia is fine.  Distance to addons seems to be irrelavant because it happens everywhere.

This is a constant ORBX bug that needs to be fixed!  Always reoccurs after any update and can easily be checked by flying out of default EGLIN and checking the scenery around the airport to the right!

Have to uninstall and reinstall the Effected LC for that area and yes remnant folders in LC need manual deletion or the problem will still be there!

Orbx fix this already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Camp

Is it confirmed for this HF that only the “Client” need to be reinstalled and not the “Scenery”...?

Seeing conflicting information posted and the less I mess with my LM folders the better I’ve learned!

Regards

Chris Camp

I did not see any reason to update anything other than the client.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

41 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I did not see any reason to update anything other than the client.

Another example why you should install all components and no just the client..

Client

• Improved handling of alpha values in terrain vector textures.

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed incorrect transparency values in several autogen objects.

This fix allows 3rd party developers to do wonders with night lighting.. 😉 but it will work nicer with both fixes.

Simbol

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well, as long as 3rd party developers do not make the update of the scenery component due to this single fix mandatory, I will also not change anything than the client. To much hassle of breaking everything, as this ORBX Central story is not entirely fixed yet...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

When I notice "incorrect transparency values in autogen objects", I will think about upgrading. Until then, it isn't an issue on my PC :wink:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png