Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 released (26 Sep 19)

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Very surprised no-one has mentioned THE big change in this fix. The ability to control take-off / landing for each end of a runway. So finally, 05R at EGCC can be set to landing only and 23L can be set to take-off only. That 'bug' has been around since FSX days. Thank you L-M! 😁

Other airports can also benefit from this such as LEMD Madrid Barajas.

Thanks Ray, I missed that, fantastic news!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

24 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

I may be missing something here, but isn't this something that could always be done with ADE ? For example, a small runway fix with ADE on LEPA will ensure 24L/ 06L are used for landings and 24R/06R are used for takeoffs, depending upon wind direction.

Nope. ADE will allow you to change each runway end and what can be set but is ignored by FSX/P3D unless both ends are the same. So in your example one runway can be set for takeoff only and the other for landing only but you can’t mix and match.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did some testing with this today and I found for the UI aircraft all correct runways are listed. For LEMD I tried take-off 36L and 36R and landing 32L and 32L and vice versa (landing 18L and 18 R, take-off 14L and 14 R), but the first 10 minutes still some occasional landings on the wrong side (might be due to ActiveSky) and some how also some landings on 36R??? But not much, so I see an improvement but in the first minutes still some strange behaviour...

Are crosswind runways still needed?

Edited by edemeijer

19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Is this to be updated by add-ons or am i supposed to do this manually ???

Michael Moe

Some scenery packages may eventually have a modified AFD file released but generally it’s something the user would do themselves. It’s down to each designer and how much they value an accurate AFD. Some are better than others and of course not every airport has these restrictions. EGLL and EGKK don’t but EGCC does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am still on P3D v4.4. One of the reasons is what I read about using ORBX's Germany South and Germany North.
I am a frequent flyer to these regions and trully enjoy these regional scenery packs where (combined with add-on airports and AI traffic) performance is already a problem.

Is there anyone here using Germany South and Germany North who switched from 4.4. to 4.5 and can confirm if the performance loss was indeed visible?
And if so, has the 4.5 Hotfix 2 possibly fixed it? Thanks in advance for any reply.

PS On the other hand I am tempted by 4.5, as, if I recall correctly, it fixed the huge trench in Cyprus (I like flying to Larnaca) which is present in 4.4. <- I guess it would require installing Scenery too?

Edited by Rafal

unfortunately after i did the client i elected todo the scenery and the content.  Now it looks like this.  Is this even fixable?  I can't tell if this is something related to just the install, or the installs interaction with orbx. 

https://imgur.com/a/SAaMBdQ

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, Rafal said:

I am still on P3D v4.4. One of the reasons is what I read about using ORBX's Germany South and Germany North.
I am a frequent flyer to these regions and trully enjoy these regional scenery packs where (combined with add-on airports and AI traffic) performance is already a problem.

Is there anyone here using Germany South and Germany North who switched from 4.4. to 4.5 and can confirm if the performance loss was indeed visible?
And if so, has the 4.5 Hotfix 2 possibly fixed it? Thanks in advance for any reply.

PS On the other hand I am tempted by 4.5, as, if I recall correctly, it fixed the huge trench in Cyprus (I like flying to Larnaca) which is present in 4.4.

My performance issue was fixed when Hotfix 1 was released. Still waiting on 3rd party apps to be updated before installing HF2.

Randy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rafal said:

As Randy states: There was a drastic performance loss from 4.4 to 4.5 indeed, which however was fixed with HF1 already. I didn't install HF2 yet, but GEN/GES run at least as good under 4.5HF1 as they did under 4.4, I'd say even a touch better on my system.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

unfortunately after i did the client i elected todo the scenery and the content.  Now it looks like this.  Is this even fixable?  I can't tell if this is something related to just the install, or the installs interaction with orbx. 

https://imgur.com/a/SAaMBdQ

Uninstall the Orbx region (and openLC), delete the applicable folders in the Orbx folder (I'm still using FTX Central 3), reinstall region (and openLC) and verify OrbxLibs.

Randy

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

As Randy states: There was a drastic performance loss from 4.4 to 4.5 indeed, which however was fixed with HF1 already. I didn't install HF2 yet, but GEN/GES run at least as good under 4.5HF1 as they did under 4.4, I'd say even a touch better on my system.

Kind regards, Michael

Agreed. I think it was slightly better as well.

Randy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Some scenery packages may eventually have a modified AFD file released but generally it’s something the user would do themselves. It’s down to each designer and how much they value an accurate AFD. Some are better than others and of course not every airport has these restrictions. EGLL and EGKK don’t but EGCC does.

I am sure lots of airport developers will now take advantage of the new fix for runway operations.

I expect to stop seeing multiple AFCAD files to force selection of runways for example.

S.

Thanks for the quick reply.  What do you mean verify orbxlibs?  Sorry.  I haven't played around without it much.  

To clarify.  I have global base/vector, and just openLC NA

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I can only speak to FTX Central 3 since I haven't yet switched to Orbx Central, but inside there select the OrbxLibs icon and then Verify Files below it (I'm not at my sim pc right now so going by memory but it's fairly straightforward to find).

Randy

• Upvote 1

trying not to turn this into a personal support forum.  I removed LC NA and Vector.  The problem goes away.  Then I deleted the files in prepar3d/orbx and reinstalled.  Problem came back.  Do i need to look for more files?

56 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am sure lots of airport developers will now take advantage of the new fix for runway operations.

I expect to stop seeing multiple AFCAD files to force selection of runways for example.

S.

Hi Simbol,

I do a lot of ADE's and am keenly interested in this one. Looked at LM's site but can't find any documentation for this. So, couple of questions:

- Does this end the adding of phantom runways around the compass to get crosswind runways to work?

- If an airport has 2 long runways at say 09R (10,200ft) and 09L (6000ft) and a 3000ft 05/23 set a little south so that it does cross 09R/27L but just at the 27L end and 05 is enabled will P3D recognize the difference in length and not try to land commercial on the short runway but do land GA on 05? (Yes, this is how my home field KMLB is. 05/23 is the preferred GA runway at MLB for south side and 09L/27R for the north).

https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1910/00252ad.pdf#nameddest=(MLB)

Thanks,

Gerald

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5