Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 released (26 Sep 19)

Is FFTF Dynamic now working with the Hotfix 2?

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I am sure lots of airport developers will now take advantage of the new fix for runway operations.

I expect to stop seeing multiple AFCAD files to force selection of runways for example.

S.

That would be great. I'm always to lazy to switch between different airport (AFCAD) files.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I am sure lots of airport developers will now take advantage of the new fix for runway operations.

I expect to stop seeing multiple AFCAD files to force selection of runways for example.

S.

I’ll be delighted to see an end to those multiple BGLs where you have to select the correct one for the current weather. Then that stays in place until the next time when if the winds are significantly different requires you to swap them again.

If that isn’t bad enough map programs like EFB detect a change and ask if you want to rebuild its database. Arrgghh! It will be wonderful to be free of that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I was referring to the fact that all take offs are on 23L and all landings are on 23R.

Then it certainly sounds like you have an AFD with takeoffs prevented on 05L/23R and landings prevented on 05R/23L.

That has always been possible. The fix in HF2 is that you can close each end separately now for Takeoff and Landing. 

The problem with an AFD amended to do what you say is that with a more Northerly or Easterly wind you'd get AI taxiing down most of 23L to turn at the far end for takeoff on 05R.

LEMD (Madrid) is a worse example of the problem which is now solvable. The two northerly runways conflict with the two Southerly ones unless steps are taken. The scenery makers have usually supplied to AFD BGLs -- one for Northerly winds, the other for Southerly winds. Now it is possible to solve the problem with just the one AFD BGL.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I keep forgetting that I almost always used a fixed wind direction of 270 degrees for my flights, and also completely calm weather.

Ah, that would explain it, for an AFD BGL modified as I surmised! 😉

Mystery solved?

Pete

Has anyone noticed a slight increase of vram with HF2?

I seem to have be using another 1 to 2 gig more with the same settings compared to HF1.

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

Is FFTF Dynamic now working with the Hotfix 2?

Not as of this morning. Saturday.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Ray

"I’ll be delighted to see an end to those multiple BGLs where you have to select the correct one for the current weather. Then that stays in place until the next time when if the winds are significantly different requires you to swap them again. "

I have never seen that in my 25+ years of simming.

Can you give an (now defunct) example.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

4 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Ray

"I’ll be delighted to see an end to those multiple BGLs where you have to select the correct one for the current weather. Then that stays in place until the next time when if the winds are significantly different requires you to swap them again. "

I have never seen that in my 25+ years of simming.

Can you give an (now defunct) example.

FT EKCH and LEMD are two that I know of. I use Real Traffic, so not an issue. It was when I was using bgl AI.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

4.5 HF2 seems to run better in full screen mode on my test systems, but I can't positively attribute that to LM as there were other variables involved called Windows 10 update which was a significant update ... so not really sure which is responsible for better Full Screen mode performance (it was an improvement feature on Microsoft update list).

Oh no! Is that a good reason now to get my Windows updated? I've had it fixed at 1803. I have been very reluctant to allow updates after the assorted horror stories I read about how the updates always mess up one thing or another!

Pete

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2019 at 5:58 PM, mpo910 said:

Are you using shader mods (like PTA Evshade or Tomato)? You could try to run the content update either. Uninstall first, then install new. Because Aircraft Textures should be part of the content

Found my problem.

I have a key mapped to the P3D function for regenerating the shader cache and had assumed the function would clear the shader cache as a first step.

However clearing the cache is not something the function seems to perform, instead it regenerates and will overwrite but looks to otherwise leave existing items untouched.

Result, some funky stuff like this A2A 172 pic, great effect for the F35's sensor helmet, not so great otherwise. Solution was to manually delete the shader cache completely, then use the P3D function to regenerate the cache contents.

Cheers

2FC155A1EE9B8D713C23D4BDB34C67090B4F01F9

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

ive reinstalled to latest version and now im using SSD for prepar3d. The fps is worse than previous version. But soon i unpark CPU 0, The fps drasticly increase! what causing this problem?

Dray Langley

7 minutes ago, dray007 said:

ive reinstalled to latest version and now im using SSD for prepar3d. The fps is worse than previous version. But soon i unpark CPU 0, The fps drasticly increase! what causing this problem?

What SSD did you install?  Is the TRIM command set?

Core parking should be disabled while using high-demand applications like flight sims.  More info and a tool here.

Greg

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

What SSD did you install?  Is the TRIM command set?

Core parking should be disabled while using high-demand applications like flight sims.  More info and a tool here.

Greg

sorry i misunderstanding about core parking. what i mean is when im using all core the fps is like 20 to 30/40 fps. But when i unload the Core 0 from task manager. The fps drasticly increase! . Im using crucial MX500 500gb ssd. 

Dray Langley

1 hour ago, dray007 said:

sorry i misunderstanding about core parking. what i mean is when im using all core the fps is like 20 to 30/40 fps. But when i unload the Core 0 from task manager. The fps drasticly increase! . Im using crucial MX500 500gb ssd. 

I don't think SSD has got anything to do here. Problem is obviously that core 0 is overloaded and when you take P3D rendering thread off it, it will shift to other cores and performance is better. You should find out what is hogging the resources and go from there.

Edited by Evros