Sign in to follow this  
w6kd

P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 released (26 Sep 19)

I am hoping that Orbx Global texture bug is fixed by LM.  I am hoping it is fixed and then I can finally install everything outside the sim except for pmdg birds...lol

I believe this is the release which could possibly be the the final milestone for 4.5 and next year it will probably by v5 ... whoo...gonna enjoy this build till then.

Edited by Skywolf

9 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I am hoping that Orbx Global texture bug is fixed by LM.  I am hoping it is fixed and then I can finally install everything outside the sim except for pmdg birds...lol

I believe this is the release which could possibly be the the final milestone for 4.5 and next year it will probably by v5 ... whoo...gonna enjoy this build till then.

• Fixed issue where add-on land class textures would not be loaded in some cases.

😉

S.

1 minute ago, simbol said:
  • Fixed issue where add-on land class textures would not be loaded in some cases.

😉

S.

Lol - that is it - omg, I read the changelog so many times to find out -

Yay !!!

Another example why you should install all components and no just the client..

Client

• Improved handling of alpha values in terrain vector textures.

Scenery Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed incorrect transparency values in several autogen objects.

This fix allows 3rd party developers to do wonders with night lighting.. 😉 but it will work nicer with both fixes.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

is there any negative to installing the other non client updates?  IE, does it wipe out your addon scenery?

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

Any news on EZYDOC ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

is there any negative to installing the other non client updates?  IE, does it wipe out your addon scenery?

If you subscribe to the "new" way of installing 3rd party add-ons outside of the main sim directory and inject via xml, upgrades are a breeze - Uninstall old version, install new version. Click executable... have fun.

Despite that, P3D doesn't delete non-native folders, so apart from having to rebuild scenery & terrain configs, you won't "lose" your add-ons if you do things the old school way, it's just much more involved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Intel 8700K overclocked to 5.0 GHz | MSI z370 SLI-Plus | Zotac RTX 2080 Ti Amp | 32GB Corsair Vengence 3000 Mhz RAM | 1x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x62 Cooler | Corsair RMI850i PSU

8 hours ago, Reader said:

It automatically asks you to update.

The update then fails twice before succeeding the third time and then asks you for the thousandth time to enter your proof of purchase

which it then stores away on your PC so that the next time there is an update, it can ignore it again.

Seamless.

YMMV of course.

Particularly irritating feature of REX.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

20 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Anyone else have annoying black squares and day/night mixed ORBX textures after scenery update?  Verify files, uninstall and reinstall, none were of any help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180635-p3d-v45-orbx-night-water-and-black-textures-at-day/

Seems to be an OpenLC thing.  No issues in Asia.

I'm just doing a uninstall/reinstall of Global, Vector, OLC and ORBX libraries. Will report back. Could you specify a location with reasonable distance to other add-ons, where those black(night) textures are very present?

- Harry J.

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti (3440x1440), SSD 500GB, (Win10x64),  SSDs 1+2 TB (P3Dv5.x + ORBX). FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NY, CH, MIA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. F1 GTN complete. AI Traffic: AIG OCI

8 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Any news on EZYDOC ?

We are currently testing a new build EZCA v3 which should solve the problem with the autostart (simconnect issue) still appears for some users, and immediately do work with the new version ActiveSky and the latest hotfix for P3D4.5 compatibility. In addition, we are working on compatibility EZCA version 2 with Activesky and the hotfix for P3D. The release is planned in the coming days.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin
EZdok Software    http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

35 minutes ago, ABurek said:

Anyone else have annoying black squares and day/night mixed ORBX textures after scenery update?  Verify files, uninstall and reinstall, none were of any help.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/180635-p3d-v45-orbx-night-water-and-black-textures-at-day/

Seems to be an OpenLC thing.  No issues in Asia.

Been having this as well post update. Doing a simple reinstall never seems to do it for me, because there will be remnants left behind. After uninstalling particular ORBX LC from FTX Central, go to your ORBX folder and delete any LC folders and files that have been left behind. Only then do a reinstall. Freshening up on the libraries doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Evros