Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September 26th Update - Feature Discovery Series Preview: World

Development Update: https://www.flightsimulator.com/september-26th-2019-development-update/

“Et tu, Connor?”

The team is incredibly excited to officially kickoff our Feature Discovery Series with a preview of Episode 1 (World), posted in the Insider Area. In this series we will be covering the core features in attempt to answer many of the most discussed topics throughout the community.

We’re also delivering an updated DR outlining our October deliverables. Insiders should expect a DR update within the next few weeks that will provide a preview of our November deliverables.

A note on deliverables – we’re moving the Feedback Pipeline overview deliverable to our next post coming early October. This will allow us to allocate more update space to this deliverable to provide greater detail.

Finally, as we bring September to a close the entire team would like to thank everyone out there patiently waiting for more granular information on the next iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The information you seek, is much closer than you think.

1.10_DRR.png

Next development update – Early October!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Insider Updatehttps://www.flightsimulator.com/september-26th-2019-insider-update/

You must be signed in to view the Insider Update.

The preview for Episode 1 (World) of our Feature Discovery Series is here!

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/videos/PreviewWORLD1.mp4

A few quick updates:

• Early October:
    • Expect an update on our Tech Alpha recruiting.
    • New date for the Feedback Pipeline overview.
  • DR roadmap preview for November coming soon!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by HughesMDflyer4
  • Like 6

Brandon Filer

Oh my god. That video is stunning! Look at that sunrise!

Edited by aleex
  • Like 3

Whoever is making these teaser trailers, they are absolute perfection.

Don't change a single thing.

• Like 6

I haven’t been able to watch more than about 7 seconds of the video yet, after trying 6 or 7 times. I do wish they’d use something a bit better than whatever they’re using now. 

I take it it’s good?

• Upvote 1

Wow! Incredible.  This kind of detail is really coming to a flight sim?  Hard to believe. Nothing we've experienced before. 

Its quite the drip feed of teasing have to say lol.   

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

OMG!!! P3d and Xplane bye bye!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Goodness!!! That looks absolutely amazing! Release for this simulator cannot come soon enough!

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

I haven’t been able to watch more than about 7 seconds of the video yet, after trying 6 or 7 times. I do wish they’d use something a bit better than whatever they’re using now. 

I take it it’s good?

Just download it on your pc from the link in the first post, then play it there.

As for the video, i liked it as well! In particular i liked the most the trees and the clouds draw distance.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The sunrise colors are the most realistic ones I have seen untill now. Simply wow. I have seen those colours just a few days ago from the flightdeck while climbing over the Alps, I am amazed that they managed to recreate the same gradient in the sim.

Also the sun disc distortion when it rise from the horizon! And all those cloud puffs over SFO bay are stunning. It already feels like there is a true atmosphere to fly through.

Just incredible the level of detail of the scenery.

Edited by francy25
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Francesco 

Embraer 195 Type rated

My Specs: MOBO: ROG Z390 Maximus Hero IX CPU: Intel i7-9700K @ 5.0 Ghz GPU: Nvidia  GeForce GTX 3080Ti RAM: GSkill Trident 32Gb Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

MSFS, DCS World.

I was floored by the shot of New York City going over Central Park. If this is what we have to look forward to, I'll be a happy, happy man.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, france89 said:

Just download it on your pc from the link in the first post, then play it there.

As for the video, i liked it as well! In particular i liked the most the trees and the clouds draw distance.

Yeah I tried on my pc and it ran first time. It’s incredible, really looking forward to October 10th!

Frankly I'm a little underwhelmed.

• The clouds in the SFO sequence do not extend to the horizon and seem to pop on/off in the distance.
  • I'm suspicious the reason the sequences are taken from FL60 or from directly above at low altitude (like NYC and the forest/meadow scene) is to hide issues such as "auto-gen" pop-up.

Sorry Microsoft but this video does not impress.

If you want to impress me, take some videos of low level flight, say flying down the Hudson and then into JFK and taxi to gate.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S