Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

What plane is in the top pic? - giant engines

Hi guys,

Even though this article is about Thomas Cook demise, but there is this pic with plane with 2 engines.  I can not recall that 747 is that big.  What plane is it?  I can't tell.  The people look so tiny compared to those massive engines.  Is that the Airbus 380?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/business/thomas-cook-airlines-bankruptcy.html

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

A-380😉

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Not only stopping production. Emirates has already scrapped their first A380s because they are unsalable, and other Airlines are starting to phase it out.

Besides being the wrong aircraft at the wrong time, the main problem is its too big wing which produces too much drag. The wing has been designed to work perfectly with the stretched A380-900 (almost 1000 pax) but this never happened. 

Didn't you notice that the diameter of the inboard engine is much bigger than the outboard engine!? I assume this a 747 flying testbed for a 777 engine

48 minutes ago, jcorstjens said:

Didn't you notice that the diameter of the inboard engine is much bigger than the outboard engine!? I assume this a 747 flying testbed for a 777 engine

That was funny 😂

Or perhaps it's something to do with being on a swept wing so the inboard is closer to the camera...   lol.

Definitely a A380, I saw the whole thing on the TV in a report on the Thomas Cook collapse.  My immediate thought was "wow, somebody's going to get an unusually comfortable flight home from Antalya!"

ngxu_banner.png