Sign in to follow this  
epvanhunnik

Manually Tuning ILS

How do you manually tune in the NAV1 radio to an ILS?  When I try, it won't let me.  But if I use the VOR station at the airport, I can get that fine.  I don't have the current AIRAC cycle, so I understand that some runways aren't in the database.  But I would think I should still be able to manually dial in the ILS freq's and headings.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, epvanhunnik said:

How do you manually tune in the NAV1 radio to an ILS?  When I try, it won't let me.  But if I use the VOR station at the airport, I can get that fine.  I don't have the current AIRAC cycle, so I understand that some runways aren't in the database.  But I would think I should still be able to manually dial in the ILS freq's and headings.  Thanks.

Hi epvanhunnik,

You need to tune the ILS frequency by going to the NAV/RAD page, entering it in the scratch pad and then moving it to the special ILS line on that page on the lower left (not on the VOR1 line).  Click where it says "PARK."

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

An example of how the format you should enter is going, as Mike already mentioned:

Frequency: 110.9

ILS degrees: 45 °

So, you type it on the FMC as: 110.9/045

And that's it.

Edited by padrot

Iván Guerrero

Sweet!  Thank you so very much!  That will make IMC on approach easier than non precision.  I can do it, but it can be frustrating knowing a more accurate approach is just a frequency away