Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Data fields selection changing..

This came up a while ago without resolution, but I believe I now know why/how it happens.

In the GNS530 / AUX pages, you can select which datafields show below the COM/NAV frequencies.

Mine occasionally changes to DIS on its own, even though I had previously specified VOR info.

I just noticed that this happens if I start up an airplane (RealAir Duke) with a GPS500 in the panel (!).

If I then subsequently select an airplane with a GNS 530, the datafield has changed to DIS. :wink:

Bert

Hi Bert,

I don't remind this issue being reported before and unfortunately, this came too late for addressing this in the v2.4.15.2 update we've just released.

The reason for this must be the implementation shares the same non-volatile file among all G5XX devices, and this setting changes automatically to a G500 compatible option because of this. When you subsequently open a G530, it won't change back the setting then.

A solution would be we implement per-model non-volatile memory handling like the GTN instead of sharing only two files, one for all 4XX devices and one for all 5XX devices. In the interim, you may manually manage different files, their name/path is in the User's manual.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean Luc, now that I know when it happens, I can reset it in the device AUX pages.

Last time I reported it, it seemed like a random occurance.

Could I fix this by designating the GPS500 as  Unit#2?

Edit... and I just tried it, and indeed this works! Now I need to make the buttons operate again.. Does Unit #2 react to different key commands?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Yes I believe so. This is a way to workaround the limitation, because unit# have separate non-volatile memory files indeed.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

OK.. one thing is not working..

The setting:  UseSimGpsCmds = true

does not work for Unit#2 devices (GPS500 or GNS530), even if they are the only unit in the panel.

Is there a way to make this setting work?

Bert

Ok this is normal and expected because GPS#2 listens to #2 commands only. I like the idea though but this would require adding a new setting for UseSimGpsCmds, or replace it with a drop box selection in order to choose which commands # to listen too.

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Ok this is normal and expected because GPS#2 listens to #2 commands only. I like the idea though but this would require adding a new setting for UseSimGpsCmds, or replace it with a drop box selection in order to choose which commands # to listen too.

No rush... I can live with manually setting the GNS preferences.. (for now..)

Bert

Update: we've just released v2.4.15.3 now compatible with Prepar3D V4.5 Hotfix2 autopilot, so I've added a non-documented setting for you:

SimGpsCmdsUnit

0: use commands for this device unit (default)
1: use commands for unit#1 (override)
2: use commands for unit#2
(override)

For example using GNS #2 with Simulator GPS commands for Unit #1:

[GNS_530_2]
UseSimGpsCmds = true
SimGpsCmdsUnit = 1

NB: we've also added this to the GTN v2.5.20.3 udpate!

Edited by RXP

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Wow, let me try this..

Brilliant.. now I can fly my Duke B60 with a GPS500 Unit#2 and my RV7A with a GNS530 Unit#1 without any interference..

I love it, thanks! :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I love it, thanks! :cool:

You're welcome. This might come handy with some other integrations as well.