w6kd

PTA with P3Dv4 v4.5 Hotfix 2?

It looks like an update to PTA will be needed to work with the new hotfix 2 version of P3D v4.5 (4.5.13.32097, released 26 Sep).

Is that being worked?

40 minutes ago, w6kd said:

It looks like an update to PTA will be needed to work with the new hotfix 2 version of P3D v4.5 (4.5.13.32097, released 26 Sep).

Is that being worked?

I remember last time or the time before it took him a few weeks I believe to get an update out. Hopefully much sooner this time but not holding my breath.

What specific errors are you getting? I've been able to apply my presets without issues, and a quick test shows that (apart from possible custom tweaks) only "FSX style reflections" causes an error.

Couple of the shader files are different so PTA will not touch them.  I would NOT use PTA until it's updated for HF2.

TOGA Projects ENVSHADE has been updated to support HF2, if you want an alternative.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob_Ainscough

Hey Rob,

What is HF2? Guess I missed it?

cheers,Lennie

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Couple of the shader files are different so PTA will not touch them.  I would NOT use PTA until it's updated for HF2.

Thanks, Rob.

My PTA works with no apparent issues, though I suspect (as you say) there'll be some missing features. At least what *does* work doesn't create any artefacts etc.

I can barely stand to run P3D without a shader mod (PTA or TS) so I'm quite happy to run P3D in a slightly crippled form. I wonder how long it will be before Matt fixes PTA as I don't think it's really high priority these days :-((

Adam.

2 hours ago, Barnes said:

Just FYI, TS has already been updated.

Thanks - yes - testing a new TS preset now! :) ... I'm going to be a little busy ... PTS, TS and xVision updates!

Adam.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:32 AM, DJJose said:

Matt,

Are you there?

He last visited the forum here 14hr ago from the time of this post. Clearly he couldn't bother taking the 60 seconds to pop up a post saying when to expect an update. 

• Like 1

According to his twitter postings he has a lot going on. He stepped away for over 7 weeks from streaming or anything flight sim related so there is no telling were things stand when it comes to his company and PTA. 

3 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

According to his twitter postings he has a lot going on. He stepped away for over 7 weeks from streaming or anything flight sim related so there is no telling were things stand when it comes to his company and PTA. 

I hate to say this (especially as I've been a long-time fan of PTA) but haven't we heard all this before?

Adam.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I hate to say this (especially as I've been a long-time fan of PTA) but haven't we heard all this before?

Adam.

Adam, at this point I am waiting for your TS preset. I have never used TS but plan to do so with your preset. I am hoping that your preset is more that natural, what you would see out the window look, for HDR enabled systems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalonMX said:

If that is the case, I feel bad for those still purchasing PTA as it is still available for sale.

3 hours ago, TalonMX said:

Do you have a link ?

FYI Matt has visited this forum last thursday, so just 3 days ago.

Edited by GSalden

17 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Do you have a link ?

FYI Matt has visited this forum last thursday, so just 3 days ago.

He’s publicly listed on Twitter and letting his followers know what’s going on. He has also let it be known on his streams. Sounds like he took a long needed break.

Edited by TalonMX

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Adam.

Yep! It's deja vu all over again. Don't wait to be disappointed ... his 15 minutes seem to be over with.

27 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

He’s publicly listed on Twitter and letting his followers know what’s going on. He has also let it be known on his streams. Sounds like he took a long needed break.

Haven’t found anything ..  Twitter I do not have but he seems present on Twitch and looks ok..

So let’s wait and see what happens ..

On 9/27/2019 at 9:43 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks, Rob.

My PTA works with no apparent issues, though I suspect (as you say) there'll be some missing features. At least what *does* work doesn't create any artefacts etc.

I can barely stand to run P3D without a shader mod (PTA or TS) so I'm quite happy to run P3D in a slightly crippled form. I wonder how long it will be before Matt fixes PTA as I don't think it's really high priority these days :-((

Adam.

Hi Adam,

EZDOK has been updated  so I will update client and take advantage of the pbr fix.

Thank for confirming that you prest still works without issue.

Jose

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Haven’t found anything ..  Twitter I do not have but he seems present on Twitch and looks ok..

So let’s wait and see what happens ..

Hi Gerard,

Are your PTA presets working with HF2?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hi Gerard,

Are your PTA presets working with HF2?

Thanks.

Don’t know yet. First I want FFTF Dynamic to be compatible.

However, I have read about some people claiming to see flashes in the sky with their current PTA presets. 

Delending on how much a preset has been tweaked you might see abnormalities or not ..

Hi all,

I chimed in Friday on this post and asked what is HF2, the reply was Hotfix 2. Could someone give me a bit more guidance on this? I am not computer literate. And at nearly 85 years, not as quick as you guys on stuff that is new. I do use PTA so I don't want to mess with it if it doesn't work. Thanks!

1 hour ago, lennie said:

Hi all,

I chimed in Friday on this post and asked what is HF2, the reply was Hotfix 2. Could someone give me a bit more guidance on this? I am not computer literate. And at nearly 85 years, not as quick as you guys on stuff that is new. I do use PTA so I don't want to mess with it if it doesn't work. Thanks!

Hotfix2  has nothing to do with PTA and this forum.

Your answers to what Hotfix2 is can be found in the  Prepar3D forum here on Avsim.com.