Sign in to follow this  
BillW

Problem with ORBX scenery

I stated up P3d v4.5 for the first time in a week or so. I got a series of error messages pertaining to the scenery config. I had put all of Orbx on my D drive with a connection to P3d. It was working just fine. Well, today this problem showed up. I haven't gone to the new Orbx installation program. I'm wondering if a Windows update messed it up or if somehow its an Orbx problem. No new scenery installation or any thing like that. I guess I could reinstall with the new installer, but have notice others having problems with it. Any thoughts?

I would start by running FTX Central and closing it again.

Then run P3D..

Bert

I'm also having a problem.  Mine was likely triggered by the hotfix i just installed.  Does anybody know where LCNorthAmerica and vector save ALL the files.  I uninstalled and deleted the files in the main P3D/ORBX directory.  Then re-installed and my problem came right back.  I'm guessing I missed some files.  So I'm thinking I either find the rest of the files and delete them, delete everything orbx and start again, or possibly even re-install again but to a different directory to see if that helps.  I posted this originally in the main hotfix thread, but didn't want to take that thread off track.  The pic below shows what I was dealing with.  Anbody know where to find all the orbx files for LC/Vector?

https://imgur.com/a/SAaMBdQ

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

thanks. i will

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Don't delete the files, use FTX Central to uninstall whatever sceneries you have trouble with.

• Upvote 1

Bert

Bert, I'm using version 3. Do you suggest sticking with it? Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill W

While i verified the files.  It was the libraries that fixed everything.  Thanks guys

3 hours ago, BillW said:

Bert, I'm using version 3. Do you suggest sticking with it? Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill W

Yes.

Bert

On 9/27/2019 at 10:45 PM, micstatic said:

While i verified the files.  It was the libraries that fixed everything.  Thanks guys

Sorry, I missed your reply in the other thread. Glad you got it sorted out.

Randy

On 9/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Don't delete the files, use FTX Central to uninstall whatever sceneries you have trouble with.

Unfortunately, using FTX Central to uninstall does not delete the corresponding files. The issue comes up when installing regions/airports that turn specific BGLs off (add the .off extension). When you uninstall/reinstall or verify the files those BGLs get reinstalled and you end up with both files in the folder. Then you cannot turn off the conflicting BGLs because the .off version already exists. You can do it manually by scanning for duplicate files (same file size but one with .BGL, one with .off) but it can be tedious. Deleting the folders (after uninstalling through FTX Central) is easier if you can afford the bandwidth.

Randy

1 hour ago, RRVyper said:

Unfortunately, using FTX Central to uninstall does not delete the corresponding files. The issue comes up when installing regions/airports that turn specific BGLs off (add the .off extension). When you uninstall/reinstall or verify the files those BGLs get reinstalled and you end up with both files in the folder. Then you cannot turn off the conflicting BGLs because the .off version already exists. You can do it manually by scanning for duplicate files (same file size but one with .BGL, one with .off) but it can be tedious. Deleting the folders (after uninstalling through FTX Central) is easier if you can afford the bandwidth.

Randy

The way I re-install anything ORBX, I delete the airport or region file in the DOCS folder so that FTX Central thinks that the addon is NOT installed.

I open FTXC, press install, then FTX Central verifies all the files and only downloads the files that it need to update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

The way I re-install anything ORBX, I delete the airport or region file in the DOCS folder so that FTX Central thinks that the addon is NOT installed.

I open FTXC, press install, then FTX Central verifies all the files and only downloads the files that it need to update.

Jose, that's how I used to do it until I ran into the issue with the .off files. Unfortunately, FTX Central does not check for them.

Randy

On 9/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, RRVyper said:

Unfortunately, using FTX Central to uninstall does not delete the corresponding files. 

Randy

So today I updated to P3D v4.5 HF2 (client, content & scenery) and followed Elaine's steps for correcting the Orbx files. Then I started the sim (F22 @ KVPS Rwy 19) and did a quick flight over to KHRT. Sure enough, the black textures were back. 

https://imgur.com/a/ODATQDU

I used FTX Central to uninstall openLC NA and watched as the 2 NA folders were deleted! Not sure what's going on there but I previously had to delete the folders manually. Anyway, reinstalling openLC NA fixed the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/gnJqaVN

(not sure why inserting link via 'Insert other media' is not working.

Randy

Now it appears my waves are screwed up:

https://imgur.com/a/T4J42AK

<sigh>

I've seen this reported before so the solution shouldn't be too far off. Can't wait for MSFS to arrive...😒

Randy

Edit: Fixed. Had to verify the OrbxLibs (even though I had deleted the FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT file). ORBX_waves.fx file was missing the Ground Decal=1 line (thanks to Larry over at ORBX).

https://imgur.com/a/x9uWIP9

Edited by RRVyper
Updated info.