Sign in to follow this  
Guest lamont

Live on TV --- Airbus with ####-eyed nose gear

Guest Red Eye

Beautiful landing but boy did the pilot eat runway! This was a very long runway and he stopped very close to the other end. Very nice job!

Guest oyvindhansen

I was surprised at how strong the tires were. I would have thought they would be ripped off the rims the moment they touched the ground.-

From what I saw, the pilot was using as little braking as possible in order to keep weight off of the front gear strut. Towards the end of the run, it became apparent to him that he'd need some more braking strength, so it was applied and the plane quickly decellerated, stopping safely on the runway.

Guest lamont

>It's always incidents like this that show what a bunch of>incompetent imbeciles the press really are. I lost count of>how many times the phrase "life-or-death situation" was used,>and some particularly moronic LA commentator speculated that>the nose strut would either "snap off" or "be ground down to>nothing". If I was in charge that guy would be flipping>burgers now, but he'll probably end up with a promotion.That's what happens when they over dramatize an event they have absolutely no knowledge of. I was watching channel 7 and it amazed me when they said, several times, "The a/c should be landing in a few minutes". Their own live shots showed the a/c still in a holding pattern burning fuel. I looked out my home office window and saw that 25L was still in use for regular traffic. Most of the media stays stuck on stupid. The only good thing I can say is the camera work was fantastic. Maybe they should just shutup and let the camera tell the story as it developes.