Sign in to follow this  
Blue Baron

PilotEdge for Beginners and Professionals

Hello,

I am looking for honest and frank assessments from anyone who has used, or who use the PilotEdge software. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Gordon

Hello Gordon!

I have been a pilotedge user for over two years now. I have to say it has been the best thing for my simulator experience. I came off of vatsim, as well as fsx default atc. Pilotedge is very accommodating for people that are fairly new to air traffic control. They offer lots of training material, as well as a pilot training program. You don’t necessarily have to be self taught to learn atc communication if you choose to use these programs. 

I will be honest, my first few flights were pretty frightening, but it didn’t take long to gain more confidence on the radio. If you keep your flights simple at first and work your way up, it will become second nature. 

A lot of people avoid PE because they are intimidated, but this should never be the case! PE is for learning, and you don’t have to be an expert to log on and start flying. 

Hopefully this gives you some idea of what it’s all about. 

Ryan

Hello.  I'm new to PE. It's only been a month. But, despite my difficulties in the early days of not speaking native English, the help that ATCs give is very good. If necessary when they know you're new, they even talk to you slower so you can understand what they're telling you. When you make a mistake, they explain how to avoid it. Thanks to these explanations, I am passing the CAT tests. I have currently passed CAT 7. In these tests you learn how to talk in each situation, depending on what kind of airspace you are in. They have patience with the new ones. And that, is very appreciated. You have a free period to try. Take advantage of it. I did, and I don't regret being subscribed now. The software for my opinion is superior to other network systems. 15 hours a day of control. I am from Spain, I can't take advantage of all the hours, but for me, in spite of that it's worth it. After my job, I fly or two a day. In a month I've learned a lot more than in years to fly around America. They have links on their website where there is a lot of information to instruct you. In short. Despite my difficulty in not speaking English very well, if it's worth it. If you have no problem with English, I recommend 100%. 
Regards

Francisco

Pd. Sorry for my English 

Edited by fco.javier.azkuenaga